Baby BMW Forum banner

dvla number plate auctions

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  josheboss 
#1 ·
Hi All, Happy new years eve to you all!

I am looking at getting a personalised number plate and the one i want is set to "future auction" and has been like this for a good couple of years, Its a 56 plate. I want it as the 56 can look like the letters SC and it makes up part of a word.

Does anyone have much experience in these dvla auctions? Is there any way of finding out if they are looking to add it to an auction anytime soon? I have tried to contact the dvla but i never get any reply to my emails or calls :?

#3 ·
I think the only thing you can do is set up an alert for the plate. They inform you when it goes into the auction line

#4 ·
Ashley1992 said:
I'm sure if you register your interest with the reg they'll put it on the auction
I will give that a go.... this is a little sneaky but do you reckon i should register interest with a few different email accounts and perhaps once they see more "people" interested in it, it might come up for auction sooner?

#5 ·
I don't think so. Think you'd need more than half a dozen interested parties

#6 ·
Sure he plate hasn't already been released and is for sale elsewhere?

#9 ·
What's the plate you're trying to buy? Check it on all the resellers sites by way of Google

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.