All other aftermarket mods

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster

CynicalRobot
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Powerslide mods? LSD?

Post by CynicalRobot » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Hey All, Happy New Year!

I go to track days now and again, some allow powersliding out of corners and even do drift events.

My 2016 135i has the adaptive suspension and i have only took it on a track once so far and i am so happy with how well it does as it is now with no other mods. The only issue i have is when doing a powerslide the open diff is holding me back.

I want to save up for an LSD and get one fitted before the summer but there seems to be so many around, some seem to be good for racing and others catered more towards powersliding? I read on here that Quaife for example are great for racing but they can let the inside wheel spin when powersliding, is that correct?

Drexler may be the best option but i would love to hear from some people who do this kind of activity with their LSD's and can let me know how they get on?

Also would getting the diff changed effect my bmw warranty for the rest of the car?

Thank You! :spotman:

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Powerslide mods? LSD?

Post by marco_polo » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:33 pm

I'd be having a look at OS Giken LSD's with a strong locking ratio.
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”