Baby BMW Forum banner

Rear lights tint or wrap?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GBC80 
#1 ·
Hi guys.
Im thinking about getting the rear lights on my black M135i darkened a little bit...just a bit of dark shade, enough not to fail MOT and get a bit less contrast of bright red and black?!

Spoke to a guy who said he can wrap them in a film with dots (I'm sure you know what I'm talking about!?)...40quid...is that a good idea or is there a better option? Does it look nice or a bit ...chav? Anyone has photos to show please?
Thanks in advance.

#4 ·
#5 ·
marco_polo said:
I'd go for the pukka BMW Darklines myself, anything else might look a bit 'McDonalds Corsa' if you're not careful!

You'll be able to sell them easily when you next change cars, so not too expensive in the long term.
well...too late...lol...the car was in to get the front bumper trims wrapped in black gloss and i did a bit of testing with the perforated wrap on the lights and reflectors to see how it looked...and went for it! It tones it down a bit and that way the red doesn't contrast too much with the black...more subtle and I'm quite pleased with it... Also de-badge and OEM black kidneys put on...really enjoying the car. Thanks for the advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.