New Alcantara retrim

All other aftermarket mods

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Np01
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

New Alcantara retrim

Post by Np01 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:49 pm

Got my new wheel fitted today, courtesy of Jack over at Royalsteeringwheels. Went for the Black alcantara with grey stitching, £150 plus £15 for fitting, quite a bit cheaper than the official one, only took him 15 mins to fit, looks and feels really good, very pleased with it, if anyone is thinking about it, use these guys, they can pretty much do anything you require
M135i Manual, mineral/oyster, Bluespark box, carbon mirrors, MPE, carbon trim, double slat grille, HK, pro Nav, Alcantara wheel, AC roof spoiler, on MPSS

Nathtearle

Re: New Alcantara retrim

Post by Nathtearle » Thu May 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Hey bud, wheel looks awesome!

I've seen one on the BMW M performance website that I'd like but fitted it's going to cost around £610! For the cost of £165, that looks amazing.

Did you go down and have it all done on the day? Or did you send yours off and wait for them to send it back to you?

Just wondering how the whole thing works really as I'd like a decent wheel and for the fraction of the price!

Nath :)

Np01
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Np01 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Nathtearle wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:59 pm

I've seen one on the BMW M performance website that I'd like but fitted it's going to cost around £610! For the cost of £165, that looks amazing.

Did you go down and have it all done on the day? Or did you send yours off and wait for them to send it back to you?

Just wondering how the whole thing works really as I'd like a decent wheel and for the fraction of the price!

Thanks mate, it’s certainly a nice improvement looks wise and for better grip
I had it done on day, it only took about 15mins for Jak to swap over, you can send your wheel to him and he’ll send it back, or take a nice drive (there were some good roads on route) you keep all airbag, trim, buttons etc. The only difference I can see from the OEM M performance wheel is the bit of carbon, you can buy those separately and still save a few quid. Plus you can have stitching in any colour you choose . Even got a nice follow up email from him saying thanks and giving advice on keeping it nice and clean. Highly recommend 👍👍👍
M135i Manual, mineral/oyster, Bluespark box, carbon mirrors, MPE, carbon trim, double slat grille, HK, pro Nav, Alcantara wheel, AC roof spoiler, on MPSS

Nathtearle

Post by Nathtearle » Thu May 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Np01 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 2:19 pm
Nathtearle wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 12:59 pm

Thanks mate, it’s certainly a nice improvement looks wise and for better grip
I had it done on day, it only took about 15mins for Jak to swap over, you can send your wheel to him and he’ll send it back, or take a nice drive (there were some good roads on route) you keep all airbag, trim, buttons etc. The only difference I can see from the OEM M performance wheel is the bit of carbon, you can buy those separately and still save a few quid. Plus you can have stitching in any colour you choose . Even got a nice follow up email from him saying thanks and giving advice on keeping it nice and clean. Highly recommend 👍👍👍
Yeah it definitely looks a lot better and I love the feel/grip of alcantara hence why I've looked at the M Performance ones!

I'll give this Jack a shout and see what he says, I've recently got the M Performance carbon and alcantara trim to replace the brushed aluminium I've got at the moment so I think the wheel would be a nice final touch! I'll be sure to post a pic in here if I decide to go ahead!

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated :spotman:

Np01
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Np01 » Thu May 24, 2018 2:43 pm

I also have the M performance trim and it does go very well together, I’ve just got the handbrake, gearshifter and the armrest to go to complete, but will probably get Jack to retrim the armrest, good luck with your purchase, you won’t be disappointed 👍

Nathtearle

Post by Nathtearle » Thu May 24, 2018 3:17 pm

Np01 wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 2:43 pm
I also have the M performance trim and it does go very well together, I’ve just got the handbrake, gearshifter and the armrest to go to complete, but will probably get Jack to retrim the armrest, good luck with your purchase, you won’t be disappointed 👍
Glad to hear it all goes nicely and it's not alcantara overkill (if that's even possible!!) I've filled out the order form on their website so just got to sit tight now.

Thanks again :o

Jonnybravo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jonnybravo » Thu May 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Had mine done by Craig Carbon500

Np01
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Np01 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:35 am

Looks nice mate, looks better with the carbon trim as well, how much did you have to pay?

Jonnybravo
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jonnybravo » Tue May 29, 2018 7:57 am

Np01 wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 10:35 am
Looks nice mate, looks better with the carbon trim as well, how much did you have to pay?
Cost me £370 exchange as the centre trim and M2 paddles were extra

ajl00

Post by ajl00 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:03 pm

That looks a tidy upgrade . Top job

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”