Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: 1M Door Mirror Swap...?

Post by Twenny » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:23 am

I just dropped him a whats app nudge so he should reply soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Tin
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tin » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:50 am

Yes, they are a straight swap, just need to make sure you get the right ones to match your car, electric folding/tinting etc. More options = higher the price :(
Certified Mod junkee :D

rubberduckzilla
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by rubberduckzilla » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:30 pm

Pretty much as described by peeps before. The mirrors as fitting are straight bolt on / bolt off. The only real issue to look out for is the wiring.

There are two kinds of mirrors, 3 wire (high / linbus) is for mirrors that have electric fold, heated and electric glass, mirror dip on reverse etc. 5 wire is for the "low" mirrors and they have manual fold, heated and electric glass and that its. (All this info was from Chris's thread so can't take any credit for the knowledge :lol:) The way to check is to pop the tweeter cover (well blank in my case) and check the wiring running to the mirrors.

The cost from BMW for everything brand new came to over £1000 including bases, auto-dim glass and primed mirror covers.
Le Mans Blue 135i DCT - Darklines, BMWP PPK Stage 1 flash, BMWP Exhaust, Style 269's w/ Michelin PS4's, BMWP V2 Steering Wheel with Display, BMWP Carbon Diffuser, Genuine 1M mirrors with BMWP Carbon Mirror Caps

JHM.17

Post by JHM.17 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Tin wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:50 am
Yes, they are a straight swap, just need to make sure you get the right ones to match your car, electric folding/tinting etc. More options = higher the price :(
Thank mate, Luckily I have a 118d - so I just have heated and electric with manual fold :D

JHM.17

Post by JHM.17 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Twenny wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:23 am
I just dropped him a whats app nudge so he should reply soon Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Legend, Thank you

JHM.17

Post by JHM.17 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:10 pm

rubberduckzilla wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:30 pm
Pretty much as described by peeps before. The mirrors as fitting are straight bolt on / bolt off. The only real issue to look out for is the wiring.

There are two kinds of mirrors, 3 wire (high / linbus) is for mirrors that have electric fold, heated and electric glass, mirror dip on reverse etc. 5 wire is for the "low" mirrors and they have manual fold, heated and electric glass and that its. (All this info was from Chris's thread so can't take any credit for the knowledge :lol:) The way to check is to pop the tweeter cover (well blank in my case) and check the wiring running to the mirrors.

The cost from BMW for everything brand new came to over £1000 including bases, auto-dim glass and primed mirror covers.
Thank you for this and your PM. I guess the easiest thing to do is pop out the cover and check how many pins I have but from your description - sounds like i'll have 5 pins for sure.

Do you have any pics of yours?

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”