All other aftermarket mods

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Rustle
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: Some new M/// parts for my 130i

Post by Rustle » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Hi Mark

Good review, thanks, and our cars have similar set up and intended uses. I hadn't thought of rear arms but now have whiteline inserts ready to go in so I might just look into this. You didn't happen to use spareto did you? I recall they were doing good prices on the LCA's when I was looking but I got mine from Amazon for not much more.

Who are you thinking of using for your alignment? Would be interested in your feedback and intended settings. Mine needs doing again soon. Was thinking of going to bmsport in bexleyheath.

Would like to join you on 1st July but running out of leave so only weekend track days this year. Am thinking the next one will be either of Woodbridge on 11th July or bedford 25th. Probably the latter.
E87 '05 130i; BMWP Brakes, intake, & exhaust. birds arb's, quaife, meister R coilovers, m3 lca, goodridge lines, oz Ultraleggera and 595 RSR's.

markhurley
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markhurley » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:52 pm

There you go people https://spareto.co.uk/cart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Top four items are for the front and the bottom four items are for the rear , I very much doubt you will find these cheaper they are genuine bmw items just the m/// stamp is machined off, shame there is a bit of wait on some of the items I've used this site and they are very good I would advise ording as much as you can in one hit to save on postage.

Mark
130i Birds B1 suspension,M3 front arms,M3 rear arms,Powerflex inserts ,BMWP strut brace,M135i front brake's,BMWP rear brake's, 28mm M3 front roll bar,20mm white line rear roll bar ,Quaife LSD,MPSCup2tyre's.

markhurley
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markhurley » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:58 pm

[quote="Rustle"]Hi Mark

Good review, thanks, and our cars have similar set up and intended uses. I hadn't thought of rear arms but now have whiteline inserts ready to go in so I might just look into this. You didn't happen to use spareto did you? I recall they were doing good prices on the LCA's when I was looking but I got mine from Amazon for not much more.

Who are you thinking of using for your alignment? Would be interested in your feedback and intended settings. Mine needs doing again soon. Was thinking of going to bmsport in bexleyheath.

Would like to join you on 1st July but running out of leave so only weekend track days this year. Am thinking the next one will be either of Woodbridge on 11th July or bedford 25th. Probably the latter.[/quote

I was going to use scotts performance in dartford or elite in rainham , I'm going to put in 1m spec to start with then tweek it to suit.

Shame you can't make the 1st but Bedford on the 25th sounds good

Mark
130i Birds B1 suspension,M3 front arms,M3 rear arms,Powerflex inserts ,BMWP strut brace,M135i front brake's,BMWP rear brake's, 28mm M3 front roll bar,20mm white line rear roll bar ,Quaife LSD,MPSCup2tyre's.

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Octavius » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:58 pm

The link takes you to an empty shopping cart.
MY SIGNATURE STOPPED WORKING AFTER AN UPDATE.

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:08 pm

Err did you double click the link G?

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Only joking it didn't work for me either G - empty basket lol

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

markhurley
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markhurley » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:16 am

Oh bollocks I will post a screen shot later but for all 8 arms front/rear it works out £313.98

Mark

jonwilli
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jonwilli » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Think this is the link...

https://spareto.co.uk/t/vehicles/bmw/bm ... -arm-joint" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
E81 BMW 130i
http://babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=75502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jonwilli
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by jonwilli » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:28 pm

Did the front arms come with the little link for the adaptive headlights?
E81 BMW 130i
http://babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=75502" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

markhurley
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markhurley » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:09 pm

jonwilli wrote:Think this is the link...

https://spareto.co.uk/t/vehicles/bmw/bm ... -arm-joint" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Only buy the trw ones , not those other moody ones.

And no you have to buy the leveller arm but it's not expensive mate.

Mark

markhurley
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markhurley » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:14 pm

A little up date done brands last night in the scorching heat 34.5 degrees ! And the car performed amazingly didn't skip a beat , brakes were sublime and I had no fade what so ever,I managed just over 110mph on the straight and spanked every Elise on track :lol:
After a few laps the tyres were felling the pain and the car had a little under steer but in the extreme heat they stayed pretty consistent I never bothered messing about with pressures on the track as the car felt planted ,

Unfortunately I have no real pics as I was driving lol

But all the mods I have done work extremely well on track and on the rd a perfect balance between the two really :D

Only things left to do is remap ,diff and a set of track wheels and sticky tyres

Mark

stevenzx

Post by stevenzx » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:30 am

hi.mark, thanks for the post. i have my 130i.done the following.mods:
eibach sport line spring
hr front arb
whitleline subframe bushing inserts
what else do u suggest me to do? i.also.want a fast stable street car which may near e92 m3 feeling.

maybe removing camber pin? coilover? rear arb? m3 arms? diff?
many thanks

steve

markhurley
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by markhurley » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:05 pm

stevenzx wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:30 am
eibach sport line spring
hr front arb
what else do u suggest me to do? i.also.want a fast stable street car which may near e92 m3 feeling.

many thanks

steve
Depends on what you want from the car and how comfortable you want it ?

Doing the camber pin mod and m3 LCA's would be first on my list as its a cheap and effective mod
If your going down the coil over route you probaly won't need a thicker rear ARB
If you do go for a thicker rear ARB you will benefit from having a proper LSD
If you already have the eibach springs you would benefit from fitting better dampers as the standard m sport units are poor... bilstien B8's or koni sports would suit your springs , what are you going to be using the car for Trackdays ? or just rd ?

cheers

stevenzx

Post by stevenzx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 am

thanks mark, i think i will do M3 lca first,are they 4 pieces? i donot track my 130i. just daliy driving and some small mountain road driving.i do not think i need lsd, what do you think? lsd only belongs track? i have a hr rear arb but it need take the subfame down which make me Hesitant.i have 2 kyb font dampers now.the car feels ok for now but not good as m3 e92.
markhurley wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:05 pm
stevenzx wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:30 am
eibach sport line spring
hr front arb

many thanks

steve
Depends on what you want from the car and how comfortable you want it ?

Doing the camber pin mod and m3 LCA's would be first on my list as its a cheap and effective mod
If your going down the coil over route you probaly won't need a thicker rear ARB
If you do go for a thicker rear ARB you will benefit from having a proper LSD
If you already have the eibach springs you would benefit from fitting better dampers as the standard m sport units are poor... bilstien B8's or koni sports would suit your springs , what are you going to be using the car for Trackdays ? or just rd ?

cheers

Poormans
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Poormans » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:42 pm

Lsd is for when you have a slipping inside wheel.. if you rarely get that while driving, why bother fixing it.
shooting brake

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”