Baby BMW Forum banner

Burger tips?

17K views 115 replies 27 participants last post by  marco_polo 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I've got the straight cut burnt one's on mine.

Be careful of the slash cut tips and check the orientation of the locating pin on your exhuast before ordering. If it's at 12'o clock you'll be fine, but anything else will force the longest point of the tip to be oriented incorrectly.

#5 ·
These are quite tempting, Anyone got a picture of them on an M135i?

#10 ·
Thanks all,

May be on my shopping list shortly.....if I can talk myself out of an MPE!

#15 ·
You're welcome BistoKid.....enjoy! Pics please once fitted and I'd be interested in how much HM Customs add to the cost.

Element, I understand the MPE has a larger diameter. The standard and Burger items won't fit.

#16 ·
AndyR said:
Element, I understand the MPE has a larger diameter. The standard and Burger items won't fit.
That was my understanding as well, but there's a bunch of threads floating around with those who seem to have got it right. Will try find a few references shortly.

EDIT:
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MPE outlet is slightly larger diameter than the stock outlet but there is space in the stock tips to fit, the tabs just compress more. Believe me..if I installed them anybody can do it
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Many folks have managed to fit stock tips [to suit 60mm OD tailpipes] onto MPE 67mm OD tailpipes. Just needs more persuasion with a mallet !!

BMS tips should fit as they are friction fit, same as stock tip.

#17 ·
AndyR said:
I'd be interested in how much HM Customs add to the cost.
Yeah, me too. Probably about another £20 or so for VAT?

My daughter 'needed' a special iphone case once and my wife agreed to buy it - case was about $20 and it ended up costing about £40 when it finally arrived! and it was naff :(

#19 ·
Sounds odd, but would anyone ever consider putting a gloss black tip on the right hand pipe and a chrome one on the left to make their car not so immediately "M135"? At a glance it might look more like my single piped 118d thus offering an element of surprise or Wolf in sheep's clothing

#22 ·
Sounds odd, but would anyone ever consider putting a gloss black tip on the right hand pipe and a chrome one on the left to make their car not so immediately "M135"? At a glance it might look more like my single piped 118d thus offering an element of surprise or Wolf in sheep's clothing
Ya right Slippers - deffo sounds odd :p

#23 ·
Is there a difference in appearance from MPE tips and Burger Tips - straight cut Chrome of course.

Reason for asking is that I'm finally getting my M135i LCI tomorrow (5 month wait) and I at the last minute decided for the MPE after I had already received tips from Burger.

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.