All other aftermarket mods

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Twenny
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Depo Bi-Xenon Mod - The List

Post by Twenny » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:56 pm

Yes the cabin dial 100% works ok.

You keep your originals and Toby does the rest.

My MOT is due next month so I'll keep you posted on the result mate.

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

Ant_Smiggy120D
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Ant_Smiggy120D » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Sweet that would have bugged the crap out of me haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:41 am

I had my MOT recently with Toby's lights in. Passed with no issue.

I've got slight condensation in the rain, but nothing of great concern at the moment. I'm going to try tapeing a few silica gel packets on the inside of the headlight covers.

Overall I'm very happy with the lights.

alimujahid_e82
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by alimujahid_e82 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:15 pm

I have a DEPO set of headlight but i only have the outer projector what ones will i need for the inner ones?
Instagram: @alimujahid_e82

TobyE82
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by TobyE82 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:30 pm

alimujahid_e82 wrote:I have a DEPO set of headlight but i only have the outer projector what ones will i need for the inner ones?
I custom make them, so they cannot be bought.
E82 - 120D Auto. Bi-xenon Depo's - Christmas Mods.

Twenny

Post by Twenny » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:51 pm

You'll need to send them to Toby mate

2010 E82 125i modded by Babybmw.net
2010 125i E82 Coupe M Sport Black
P-Torqued 266bhp-BMWP exhaust+intake+skirts+gear knob+grilles---Rieger diffuser-Darklines-retrofit cruise control-130i front discs-VMR v710-Eibach ARB
My build thread - http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php?t=60951

alimujahid_e82
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by alimujahid_e82 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:12 pm

TobyE82 wrote:
alimujahid_e82 wrote:I have a DEPO set of headlight but i only have the outer projector what ones will i need for the inner ones?
I custom make them, so they cannot be bought.

It looks awesome, how much would you charge just to fit the inner projectors to my headlights?

And where are you based may be able to drop them off to you if you're near by

Thanks

TobyE82
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by TobyE82 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:18 pm

I'm based in Exeter.

Only issue is, it's not really a while you wait sort of thing. Will be like 2 days for everything to set in place and the lens obviously has to come off then get resealed back on.

alimujahid_e82
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by alimujahid_e82 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:32 pm

TobyE82 wrote:I'm based in Exeter.

Only issue is, it's not really a while you wait sort of thing. Will be like 2 days for everything to set in place and the lens obviously has to come off then get resealed back on.
Timing isn't a problem for me i'm happy to give them as long as it takes now i just seen its a 4 and a half hour drive lol

Is there any places that can post my lights out to you?

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:36 pm

alimujahid_e82 wrote:Timing isn't a problem for me i'm happy to give them as long as it takes now i just seen its a 4 and a half hour drive lol

Is there any places that can post my lights out to you?
Any courier can post the lights out. You just package them (and well), get the quotes, pay for it, drop it off or wait for it to be collected and that's it :roll: :lol:.

RMB123d
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by RMB123d » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:26 pm

PM sent Toby, I have to have these!

Thanks

Rich
2009 E82 123d M sport, space grey, 261m alloys, black leather, pro nav, focal audio. Wagner cooler, ecotune stage 1, BMWP exhaust, MPS4 225/255.
2004 E46 M3 SMG silver grey, fully loaded. Sold (huge mistake)
2003 E46 330ci mystic blue - sold

Ian83w
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ian83w » Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Hi Toby how's it goin pal. seems like you have a good waiting list on these lol. As you no I made the same set as you at the same time. I've now sold my old car but kept the light as I've just got a newer n55 with the lci hologen light in them. So will be putting the depos back in at some point. Are you still putting the resistor in them to stop the flicker on the LEDs as I was having a problem with that on old car. But wasn't sure if that was down to the frm not been coded to the car properly. As I think tweeny said Carly will code it out but wouldn't ( because frm not coded to car ). If you are still using them have you got the item number or were I can get them from cheer pal.
Ian
gone n55 135 cashmere silver,custom remapped 370bhp,m Bluetooth.audio streaming,7speed dct,:)
Now f32 440i MG lci hk rev cam comfort access m sport + 19" 704 orbit grey pro media sports auto Cockpit display black with oyster seats :spotman:

TobyE82
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by TobyE82 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:57 am

Ian83w wrote:Hi Toby how's it goin pal. seems like you have a good waiting list on these lol. As you no I made the same set as you at the same time. I've now sold my old car but kept the light as I've just got a newer n55 with the lci hologen light in them. So will be putting the depos back in at some point. Are you still putting the resistor in them to stop the flicker on the LEDs as I was having a problem with that on old car. But wasn't sure if that was down to the frm not been coded to the car properly. As I think tweeny said Carly will code it out but wouldn't ( because frm not coded to car ). If you are still using them have you got the item number or were I can get them from cheer pal.
Ian
Hi buddy! Yeah, good thanks - yourself?
I do, which is great, it's just getting the time to do it. Haha.

So yeah, I'm still using the resistor to stop errors showing up. They flicker with the 'pulse' I think it's called which is when the car checks for blown bulbs, which can be coded out I believe. They also flicked on start up with system checks, but other than this, no issues. I have recently changed the H7 LED's that I use to slightly more powerful Cree ones, but still need resisting.

It is the H7 bulb you're on about isn't it? Aha.

Ian83w
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Ian83w » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:52 pm

TobyE82 wrote:
Ian83w wrote:Hi Toby how's it goin pal. seems like you have a good waiting list on these lol. As you no I made the same set as you at the same time. I've now sold my old car but kept the light as I've just got a newer n55 with the lci hologen light in them. So will be putting the depos back in at some point. Are you still putting the resistor in them to stop the flicker on the LEDs as I was having a problem with that on old car. But wasn't sure if that was down to the frm not been coded to the car properly. As I think tweeny said Carly will code it out but wouldn't ( because frm not coded to car ). If you are still using them have you got the item number or were I can get them from cheer pal.
Ian
Hi buddy! Yeah, good thanks - yourself?
I do, which is great, it's just getting the time to do it. Haha.

So yeah, I'm still using the resistor to stop errors showing up. They flicker with the 'pulse' I think it's called which is when the car checks for blown bulbs, which can be coded out I believe. They also flicked on start up with system checks, but other than this, no issues. I have recently changed the H7 LED's that I use to slightly more powerful Cree ones, but still need resisting.

It is the H7 bulb you're on about isn't it? Aha.
Hi mate pleased you good pal. Yeah I was on about h7 in main beam projector not and also was getting flicker on the rings to buddy. You still getting the mini h7 bulbs off eBay and the resistors have you got the links to them pal if you don't mind sending on cheers :D. Keep up the good work
gone n55 135 cashmere silver,custom remapped 370bhp,m Bluetooth.audio streaming,7speed dct,:)
Now f32 440i MG lci hk rev cam comfort access m sport + 19" 704 orbit grey pro media sports auto Cockpit display black with oyster seats :spotman:

TobyE82
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by TobyE82 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:00 pm

I'll PM you Ian.

Return to “Aftermarket modifications”