Baby BMW Forum banner

Proposed: NW Breakfast Meet, Sunday 3rd Sept, nr Warrington

8K views 72 replies 16 participants last post by  Menace 
#1 ·
So, I collect my M140 Shadow on Fri 1st September and keen to meet some other bbmw owners / be mocked for choosing black wheels.

I'll still be running in so not looking for a drive out - but wondered if anyone fancied a Sunday morning "cars n coffee" just off J8 M62.

We'll meet in the car park between nr Harvester around 9am, or will be at "The Skymaster" opposite if busy. You can grab a coffee etc at Starbucks, or Harvester is open if you fancy something more substantial!

Ikea / M&S just round the corner if you want to give your loved ones a reason to accompany you! :lol2:

Nearest postcode is the Audi dealer at WA5 7YA.

Attendees thus far...

1- Ian
2- Stetheo
3- MrMarty
4- Ste01
5- Peter.V
6- Menace
7- Munchy106
8- Dange20
9- Paul W (maybe)
10- M140MD (maybe)
11- JamesM140i (maybe)
12- Robsaboy
13- Petay135 (maybe)
14- M140estoril

UPDATE:

Checked out the venue yesterday at 9am - Starbucks was "fairly" busy, Harvester car park was pretty dead, and "The Skymaster" pub car park opposite was absolutely empty, as they don't open till 12 (they have barrier gates but they were open)

I'll probably park in the Harvester area, but if it's at all busy, will park on the opposite side at "The Skymaster" - so if you see nothing but a BMW or two parked at the Skymaster, then it's us :D

See less See more
#2 ·
May do, but that will be a run out in itself (Not sure I trust myself to running in procedure - I love those roads down through peak district!) and a bit further for NW folk. This is just a coffee and a natter.

Definitely a "why not both?" for those in the middle / can do both dates.

#4 ·
stetheo said:
I'm up for this - although meeting slightly later at 8am would be better personally as otherwise i'd have to be on the road at 6-6:15am, thats just slightly too earlier for me on a weekend ha!

But in all seriousness I'll go with whatever others want to do
Agreed - shall we provisionally say 9am?

#6 ·
_ian said:
stetheo said:
I'm up for this - although meeting slightly later at 8am would be better personally as otherwise i'd have to be on the road at 6-6:15am, thats just slightly too earlier for me on a weekend ha!

But in all seriousness I'll go with whatever others want to do
Agreed - shall we provisionally say 9am?
Yep perfect I'm in!

#9 ·
stetheo said:
MrMarty said:
I'm literally around the corner so could drop by in the *cough* diesel 'vert... :redface:
I think if you enjoy talking cars and looking at nice machinery defo come along, rather this be inclusive for anyone interested regardless of what car they currently drive
Absolutely this. In fact, I have a mate with a diesel LWB 7 series that will prob turn up also - all fuels welcome!

I really should edit the first post with names etc!

#11 ·
My old mini club used to meet at that Starbucks every month. My advice would be to get there for opening time as it gets very busy very quickly.

#12 ·
scrounger said:
My old mini club used to meet at that Starbucks every month. My advice would be to get there for opening time as it gets very busy very quickly.
:beerchug:

Cheers for the heads up - I'll check it out this weekend at 9 and see how it looks.

#18 ·
Would be fun to get a day sorted , circuit is not open on the 3rd , 12th & 19th sept are open pit days Cost £229 & £225 respectively

#19 ·
ste01 said:
Would be fun to get a day sorted , circuit is not open on the 3rd , 12th & 19th sept are open pit days Cost £229 & £225 respectively
Cool, start a thread for it, may come down and say Hi - any excuse for a run out!

#21 ·
Bumping this as I'm still up for the Warrington meet

#22 ·
Cheers Menace!

Update in first post ref parking, as checked it out yesterday.

I'll put a link in the main forum areas also, as not sure how much traffic this area receives.

#23 ·
Guys would it Be possible for me to attend? New owner and nw to the forum? Be nice to see of the cars here?

#25 ·
_ian said:
Cheers Menace!

Update in first post ref parking, as checked it out yesterday.

I'll put a link in the main forum areas also, as not sure how much traffic this area receives.
What colour (car) have you opted for Ian?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.