Northern Romp - Sunday 10th September 2017

Post any BMW meetings that are taking place in the UK here. Feel free to link to maps and photos.

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin, spokey

Menace
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Northern Romp - Sunday 10th September 2017

Post by Menace » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Japanred120d wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:47 pm
Just want everyone (BJT mainly) to know I wasn't part of the secret club. The reason I pulled out of the first romp was genuine.
Same reason as pulling out of the 'secret one' though wasn't it? weather related?
65 plate F20 M135i / MG / auto / pro nav / full comfort pack / black panel / speaker upgrade / heated seats / folding mirrors / sun protection / Eibach Pro's / F21 tension strut / black grilles, splitter, side blades + blacked out diffuser / full de-badge

Japanred120d
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Japanred120d » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Menace wrote:
Japanred120d wrote:
Just want everyone (BJT mainly) to know I wasn't part of the secret club. The reason I pulled out of the first romp was genuine.
Same reason as pulling out of the 'secret one' though wasn't it? weather related?
I found out about the secret one by accident, a stray message in the wrong whatsapp group; I knew full well I wasn't initially invited. I assume you were part of the secret group and therefore will also know full well I wasn't invited from the off.

Just then puts others in awkward positions as I was then told "don't mention it to anyone".

Do you care to explain why it wasn't open to everyone Menace, as we still don't know what the criteria was for getting an invite? I'm assuming it was because me Sam Dan and Dan were too fast for the rest of you the year before? Image
2015 BMW F80 M3 Grigio Telesto individual. Carbon kit
2008 Porsche 997 911 Carrera 4S. Black. Factory fit Aero kit
Gone: 2007 BMW E92 325i coupe Arctic Metallic
Gone: 2012 BMW F20 118d sport Alpine White
Gone: 2005 BMW E87 120d sport Japan Red

OneTwenty

Post by OneTwenty » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Japanred120d wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:00 pm
Menace wrote:
Japanred120d wrote:
I found out about the secret one by accident, a stray message in the wrong whatsapp group; I knew full well I wasn't initially invited. I assume you were part of the secret group and therefore will also know full well I wasn't invited from the off.

Just then puts others in awkward positions as I was then told "don't mention it to anyone".

Do you care to explain why it wasn't open to everyone Menace, as we still don't know what the criteria was for getting an invite? I'm assuming it was because me Sam Dan and Dan were too fast for the rest of you the year before? Image
I'm guessing the criteria is that you have to be big buddies with Twenny and his cronies and never dare to stand up to all the bs, or you will get one of the minions piping up calling you a c*nt? :wink: :lol:
66 M240i Coupe, MW, Coral, Auto, Vis/Comfort/Sun, Pro Nav, Heated Wheel/Seats, Elec Seats/Lumbar, Adaptive, Camera/Park Assist, Speed Lim, HK, Split/Fold, WiFi/EBT, F/M

09 320d E91, Silver, Pro Nav, BT, Auto L/W, Ht/Leather, SPG, Cruise

davidv111

Post by davidv111 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:38 pm

Look I think this is getting all a bit bigger than it needs to. Maybe the way it was communicated after our drive out wasn’t perfect but we are all human after all and all love our BMWs hence being on this forum
I guess for some of us the romp over the past few years has become a bit of a farce weather that be driving standards and the speed involved. Yes we all love speed but when the group greets so splintered that some are at the 3rd stop before some at the second stop it becomes a bit untenable
The other issue is people dropping out. In 2015 lots of people said they would stay for lunch on the Sunday. One kind member arranged that and he restaurant put on extra staff and seating for us. Almost everyone bailed. So in the end the restaurant charged he organising member for the additional costs which I don’t think is right or fair

Likewise last year with the evening meal the night before. That was all arranged and then again drop outs. That cost that member their deposit which again isn’t right or fair and a frosty reception from the hotel where they were staying

I guess keeping it amongst a bunch of people that trust each other meant that we knew the events mentioned above wouldn’t happen. I guess with everything I life when you make some friends they stay.

You know I have had forum members stay at my own house and catered for them at my own cost several times before. But I wouldn’t now as I don’t trust it

I guess we should put the matter to bed now as more words will not change opinions or what has happened.
Now: Snapper Rocks Blue 440i Auto; Dynamic & M Sport + packs, digital dash & more

Previous:
Estoril LCI M135i Manual
Thunder grey 2013 MINI JCW GP
Slate grey Porsche Cayman 2.7
Sapphire black E82 120d M Sport

Return to “UK”