North West Track Day - Oulton Park

Post any BMW meetings that are taking place in the UK here. Feel free to link to maps and photos.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196, spokey

Ryanchan
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: North West Track Day - Oulton Park

Post by Ryanchan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:16 pm

deanw wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:25 am
Well I've going this Wednesday and I'm picking up my new car on the 1st or 2nd of September so I was saying mid October to allow me time to run mine in.

If you guys are really set on September I'm happy to be co pilot and I'll contribute to some fuel or pay for lunch 😎
What car are you in on Wednesday? After Bedford this Sat I'm a bit broke to go on again but might come and spectate/get passenger laps :D

deanw
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Re: North West Track Day - Oulton Park

Post by deanw » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:53 pm

I'll be in my m135 πŸ‘.. do you live In the northwest

Ryanchan
Junior Member
Junior Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Re: North West Track Day - Oulton Park

Post by Ryanchan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:51 pm

deanw wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:53 pm
I'll be in my m135 πŸ‘.. do you live In the northwest
No I live in London lol, if you're on the Facebook group I posted a lap from Bedford

deanw
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Re: North West Track Day - Oulton Park

Post by deanw » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:54 pm

Ryanchan wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:51 pm
deanw wrote: ↑
Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:53 pm
I'll be in my m135 πŸ‘.. do you live In the northwest
No I live in London lol, if you're on the Facebook group I posted a lap from Bedford
ha thats quite a distance to travel for co-piloting but your more than welcome! Yeah I saw that vid earlier and I think you posted one another time as well.

Lets see if we get anymore takers and then will try to set a date :-)

KaneW1
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:49 am

North West Track Day - Oulton Park

Post by KaneW1 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Hi guys, I'd be interested in something like this, however I have a telematics box in my car, due to insurance as I'm only 18, obviously my telematics box judges my speed off the legal speed limit on the road, does anyone know how this would work on a track, also, what sort of funds would a day like this require (sorry, I'm a newbie, picking up my first 1 Series tomorrow)
(I know this has already passed but just wondering about the future)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2017 BMW 116d Sport. Stage 1 Remap Incoming.

deanw
Experienced Member
Experienced Member
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:56 pm

Re: North West Track Day - Oulton Park

Post by deanw » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:28 pm

KaneW1 wrote: ↑
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:33 pm
Hi guys, I'd be interested in something like this, however I have a telematics box in my car, due to insurance as I'm only 18, obviously my telematics box judges my speed off the legal speed limit on the road, does anyone know how this would work on a track, also, what sort of funds would a day like this require (sorry, I'm a newbie, picking up my first 1 Series tomorrow)
(I know this has already passed but just wondering about the future)
Which model you picking up? are you in the NW? its Β£229 for the day at Oulton plus a couple or 3 tanks of Gas. Not sure about the telematics box! that would p*ss me off but I suppose its a trade off to having a nice car. you can always be a co pilot which is still good fun.

Post Reply

Return to β€œUK”