Baby BMW Forum banner

North West Track Day - Oulton Park

3K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  deanw 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Lets get a track day sorted at Oulton Park.

I'm doing one on the 23rd August which is all last minute for some but figured would be good to get one booked in for maybe early October?

Let us know and we can get something sorted :)

#2 ·
I'd be up for this, would be great to do somewhere like donnington the day after or before and make a proper weekend of it.

I've only done oulton once but absolutely loved it, don't know what makes it so special but much prefer it to any of the tracks in the south :)

Make sure you take a vid camera and get some footage on the 23rd!!!

Any particular dates in October?

#5 ·
Ryanchan said:
Would be keen but would prefer a date in Sept maybe - I will be at Bedford this Sat if anyone is going too?
I'm at Bedford on Saturday! What a small world! :)

Are you doing the how fast?

I won't be in my 1 series, taking my old Datsun so will either break down before getting there or get flagged for noise on my first lap. Or if I'm really lucky pass the noise test then break down before my timed laps - happy days :)

Once that's happened I'm happy to film you or anyone else :)

#6 ·
deanw said:
Ha I've not got a camera set up but might look into as I get more into it.

Just ordered my helmet to save me from renting one.

I'd say mid October but let's see what everyone comes back with 👍
Good lad!

If you have a smart phone you could just use that with a suction mount and cable tie round the rear view mirror :)

Could also get Harry's lap timer app - it's about a tenner but well worth it - overlays speed, corner g, lap time and is pretty accurate.

#7 ·
git-r2 said:
Good lad!

If you have a smart phone you could just use that with a suction mount and cable tie round the rear view mirror

Could also get Harry's lap timer app - it's about a tenner but well worth it - overlays speed, corner g, lap time and is pretty accurate.
Cheers, Will check it out.

Also for the peeps reading who are unsure about putting their car on track. I would say it's safer than ragging it round your local back roads for the following reasons.

1. No Pot Holes
2. No Curbs
3. No oncoming traffic
4. No Lamp posts
5. no trees

You can go at your own pace and get a better understanding of what yours cars all about.

#12 ·
Well I've going this Wednesday and I'm picking up my new car on the 1st or 2nd of September so I was saying mid October to allow me time to run mine in.

If you guys are really set on September I'm happy to be co pilot and I'll contribute to some fuel or pay for lunch 😎

#15 ·
Also met Danny, Ryan sorry I missed you!

Yeah tbh even two or three is good, most people aren't really interested in track days.

Great day on the west circuit, problems with noise aside.

The geriatric Datsun is now sitting in third on the leaderboard, a massive 2 seconds behind a mclaren 675lt but also a huge 4 seconds quicker than the fastest atom lol!

Nice little moment, was a choice between possibly taking the cones out and stopping the drift or keep foot in and come off track to miss cones... I opted for the latter :lol2:

#16 ·
deanw said:
Well I've going this Wednesday and I'm picking up my new car on the 1st or 2nd of September so I was saying mid October to allow me time to run mine in.

If you guys are really set on September I'm happy to be co pilot and I'll contribute to some fuel or pay for lunch 😎
What car are you in on Wednesday? After Bedford this Sat I'm a bit broke to go on again but might come and spectate/get passenger laps :D

#19 ·
Ryanchan said:
deanw said:
I'll be in my m135 👍.. do you live In the northwest
No I live in London lol, if you're on the Facebook group I posted a lap from Bedford
ha thats quite a distance to travel for co-piloting but your more than welcome! Yeah I saw that vid earlier and I think you posted one another time as well.

Lets see if we get anymore takers and then will try to set a date :)

#20 ·
Hi guys, I'd be interested in something like this, however I have a telematics box in my car, due to insurance as I'm only 18, obviously my telematics box judges my speed off the legal speed limit on the road, does anyone know how this would work on a track, also, what sort of funds would a day like this require (sorry, I'm a newbie, picking up my first 1 Series tomorrow)
(I know this has already passed but just wondering about the future)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#21 ·
KaneW1 said:
Hi guys, I'd be interested in something like this, however I have a telematics box in my car, due to insurance as I'm only 18, obviously my telematics box judges my speed off the legal speed limit on the road, does anyone know how this would work on a track, also, what sort of funds would a day like this require (sorry, I'm a newbie, picking up my first 1 Series tomorrow)
(I know this has already passed but just wondering about the future)
Which model you picking up? are you in the NW? its £229 for the day at Oulton plus a couple or 3 tanks of Gas. Not sure about the telematics box! that would **** me off but I suppose its a trade off to having a nice car. you can always be a co pilot which is still good fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.