Baby BMW Forum banner

North Weald 15th Sept

3K views 21 replies 4 participants last post by  git-r2 
#1 ·
Anyone going? I've just signed up for the "Activity Day"

Looking forward to learning. (and abusing the rear boots :D )

#3 ·
It's my first time, but Google North Weald Activity day. My hope and understanding is that it is a few areas laid out with comes on an airfield where you can play. There are limited numbers so guess there will be some busy times and some quiet times. So plenty opportunity to play at going sideways. I think they also layout a track of sorts.

For £49, it is not a lot of money to invest in learning the limits of my skill in a safe and legal environment.

#5 ·
"Have fun driving in a safe environment in any car you have, increase your driving ability & have a laugh
Enjoy the high speed bend & 2 circuits on the day"

Cut and pasted from the website.
25 cars, with two circuits, a high speed bend (???) Should be good for a laugh. Only £49, will spend more than that on fuel!

#7 ·
McTrucky said:
"Have fun driving in a safe environment in any car you have, increase your driving ability & have a laugh
Enjoy the high speed bend & 2 circuits on the day"

Cut and pasted from the website.
25 cars, with two circuits, a high speed bend (???) Should be good for a laugh. Only £49, will spend more than that on fuel!
Is there any tuition? Or is it basically a track day?

#8 ·
If you imagine a huge car park with a track laid out in cones. The morning is usually just 1 high speed corner which is great if you want to learn car control but a bit boring if you've done it before. The afternoon they usually run two separate tracks that are timed.

I've been there loads and highly recommend it, its the only place I know that you can safely spin your car and learn car control. And it only costs £50.

Andy Walsh isn't there that often but the staff are always there to help, they'll come out in the car with you too for no extra charge.

Here is some footage of one of the tracks:

#9 ·
What is it like for creature comforts? Are there loos? Chuck wagon? Any place under cover if it is a rainy day (which I am hoping for to increase slippyness)?

Really looking forward to this.

#11 ·
McTrucky said:
What is it like for creature comforts? Are there loos? Chuck wagon? Any place under cover if it is a rainy day (which I am hoping for to increase slippyness)?

Really looking forward to this.
I'm half debating doing this. Where are you coming from?

#12 ·
South of London, so can do a complete lap of the M25 Heathrow side in the morning, Dartford in the evening. Should be fun on a Friday.

#14 ·
See you there 😊.

I hope it is wet, nice and slippy. Bone dry and I think my tyres may get fried.

#17 ·
Excellent day yesterday folks. Three of us from this forum there - great to meet you, and I think we all had fun! I certainly had the best motoring fun day out for a long long time. Even with a puncture !

I may need to buy some shares in GoodYear if I am going to be doing this a few more times though. I think I own a black rubber to blue smoke converting device.

I would like a wet track day to improve my throttle control, my on/off approach may need refinement... So will be looking for something in the next couple of months and will post here again to drum us some fellow MLite interest.

#22 ·
Peter.V said:
git-r2 said:
Definitely if work permits.

Fingers crossed :)
Awesome! It's not a proper track day though... might be a bit slow for you! :D
:lol2: slow and sideways wins the race ... :D

Yeah it is awesome, especially so when you get a few with the same cars.

Here's where a spare set of rears come in vewry handy :twisted:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.