Baby BMW Forum banner

Brands Hatch track day 17th October

6K views 57 replies 10 participants last post by  git-r2 
#1 ·
Just signed up for the 17th of October.. anyone else doing this day?

#6 ·
kent dan said:
I'm all booked in for the 17th :D , and have booked a garage, so come and dump all your stuff in mine.

Also booked in for Snetterton on 4th Nov if anyone is up for it.
Nice one! What car you bringing on the Mini from your signature or the M140?

I've booked an instruction whilst its my first time there.

#11 ·
kent dan said:
lol, I'm crap, so probably.

Can anyone recommend a decent lap timer app. I would like to see how slow I actually am :lol2:
Harry's lap timer works well.

Available on android and apple.

#12 ·
git-r2 said:
kent dan said:

Can anyone recommend a decent lap timer app. I would like to see how slow I actually am :lol2:

Thanks for the advice. Do you run it with an external GPS unit, or will the phone GPS be good enough?

#13 ·
#14 ·
kent dan said:
git-r2 said:
kent dan said:

Thanks for the advice. Do you run it with an external GPS unit, or will the phone GPS be good enough?
No, I just use it with an iPhone 6. It's actually very accurate most of the time, I've tested it alongside some 1kplus data logging equipment and the times are usually within a tenth of second if not exactly the same. It displays corner g as well which is really useful, and although it lags the numbers it makes are also the same as the data logging stuff I've used.

This app was my reasoning for getting an iPhone many years ago :)

Do BMW do a lap timer app too?

#15 ·
[/quote]

No, I just use it with an iPhone 6. It's actually very accurate most of the time, I've tested it alongside some 1kplus data logging equipment and the times are usually within a tenth of second if not exactly the same. It displays corner g as well which is really useful, and although it lags the numbers it makes are also the same as the data logging stuff I've used.

This app was my reasoning for getting an iPhone many years ago :)

Do BMW do a lap timer app too?
[/quote]

Excellent, I'll download it tonight.

#21 ·
Peter9588 said:
Is it worth coming along to this if not wanting to go on the track...?

But just check out some other cars...
Yes it's definitely worth it IMO.

You can walk around the paddock and interact as much or as little as you want.

Good views from the stands (obviously)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#25 ·
Peter9588 said:
Is it worth coming along to this if not wanting to go on the track...?

But just check out some other cars...
Definitely!

If you have a helmet bring it, otherwise you can hire or borrow one on the day then feel free to blag some passenger rides :)

I'm going to try and take my Datsun as well as the 1, if that fails I'll just bring the 1 as it is SO much fun lapping with similar cars!

A Vid for anyone interested, this is with the lap timer working properly (it doesn't always do this).

In the Datsun: corner g at 1.1+ on AD08R tyres:
52.9 sec lap.. it's done 52.6 before but for reference Steve Sutcliffe laps the 2013 R35 GTR in 53.9 secs proving the older and classier Datsun is best ;)

I don't have any lap timer footage of the 1 at brands with it working correctly but have timed it at 56.6 which is really good for a stock car, Exactly as quick as my old megane 250 with alignment and track day tyres and significantly quicker than an e46 m3 i used to have.

Thinking Dan's 140 with negative camber would do 55's which is very fast!

Not that most of us care about lap times but these cars are hugely underrated :bigsmile:

Really tempted to just book the whole day - can't wait!! :)

#26 ·
deanw said:
git-r2 said:
This is such a result!

Will be an excellent turn out from the baby m brigade :)
its looking good! You'll have to do some recruiting at the Croydon meet tomorrow
Did my best :)

We're looking great for numbers!

Look forward to meeting you buddy :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.