Baby BMW Forum banner

Snetterton 4th Nov

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  git-r2 
#1 ·
I am booked in for the 4th, just wondering if anyone else is going/thinking about going.

#3 ·
Wish I could make it.. Just too far and to soon as I have to sort babysitters as I'd have to travel the day before.

You just gonna take the Mini Dan? I quite like the idea of a dedicated track day for the reasons we mentioned.. I meant to ask but how long has it been your track car and what issues/upkeep costs have you had? is it Auto?

#5 ·
deanw said:
Wish I could make it.. Just too far and to soon as I have to sort babysitters as I'd have to travel the day before.

You just gonna take the Mini Dan? I quite like the idea of a dedicated track day for the reasons we mentioned.. I meant to ask but how long has it been your track car and what issues/upkeep costs have you had? is it Auto?
Yep taking the mini. Manual gearbox, wouldn't have an auto until I sampled the 8 speed in the M-Lite, new auto boxes are just brilliant.
I've had it for 4-5 years and been tracking it since I bought it.
Main issues:
Power steering pump failed
Coolant overflowing, due to crap oem expansion tank cap, solved buy fitting alloy tank and cap.

Nothing to bad really, but as with all 'old' cars things do wear out, but that is to be expected.

#7 ·
It was huge fun Andy, extremely slippy but for me there's nothing better than low grip and RWD:

This woman had never been in track before.. lolol!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.