Baby BMW Forum banner

Your favourite driving road in the UK?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Goon 
#1 ·
*Sorry if this is in the wrong section or if there is already a thread on this subject, i cannot seem to find it :(

I am looking for what peoples favourite driving roads are in the UK!

Day to day i am driving in and out of London, so with Christmas almost here... i am looking for some nice driving roads for me to go and investigate over the holidays, finally some alone time, phone off and just driving and enjoying my new car.

Any recommendations? :D

Thanks!

#3 ·
A93, A939, A87 are my favourites if you have enough time to go to Scotland

Closer to London - A507 to Baldock and B158 from Potters Bar are both decent roads although you will need to be early as they can get quite trafficky

If you're going to Wales B4520, B4519 make a decent loop around beware of the sheep though

#7 ·
Are you based in North London?

A good route I like on a Sunday is the B184 North from Ongar heading to Gt Dumow, then the B1057 to Finchingfield for a tea stop before heading back.

Roads are generally quiet and has some great corners. I usually go on the bike though, on a Sunday in summer it's pretty much a biker haven but the odd performance car comes through too enjoying the roads.

#8 ·
Barney McGrew said:
Are you based in North London?

A good route I like on a Sunday is the B184 North from Ongar heading to Gt Dumow, then the B1057 to Finchingfield for a tea stop before heading back.

Roads are generally quiet and has some great corners. I usually go on the bike though, on a Sunday in summer it's pretty much a biker haven but the odd performance car comes through too enjoying the roads.
Hey Barney, i am actually near Gt Dunmow, i am going to google map a route now! thank you!

#9 ·
Sounds perfect then, the road to Finchingfield is a great one for a nice spin if you're so close and then you have the option of the 3 B roads radiating from there if you want to go a tad further.

You have to be a bit more careful in summer as the hedges get higher and reduce corner visibility but otherwise they are nice national speed limit roads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.