Baby BMW Forum banner

Bedford TD 17th of Feb

9K views 137 replies 14 participants last post by  markhurley 
#1 ·
#129 ·
What a complete bellend !

#131 ·
David - no probs mate :)

Twenny- nice pic, think your car looks fantastic!

All the cxxt calling seems unecessary, it's a small world; especially the track day one!

Lol and javelin have acted on the trial by Facebook apparently and sent the guy a message saying he would've been sent home. That strikes me as being not the most professional thing to do!

Anyone reading this thread would think it was the worst track day ever and could be put off attending anything in the future. I and everyone I spoke to had a great time, no complaints.

I use all the track day organisers but suggest anyone wishing to avoid this sort of thing should try to stick with MSV. You basically pay the same but will be for vastly less numbers on track meaning there's less chance of the rage we're seeing here. Also more chance of getting a full credit if your car breaks or if you have problems with noise.

#132 ·
git-r2 said:
David - no probs mate :)

Twenny- nice pic, think your car looks fantastic!

All the cxxt calling seems unecessary, it's a small world; especially the track day one!

Lol and javelin have acted on the trial by Facebook apparently and sent the guy a message saying he would've been sent home. That strikes me as being not the most professional thing to do!

Anyone reading this thread would think it was the worst track day ever and could be put off attending anything in the future. I and everyone I spoke to had a great time, no complaints.

I use all the track day organisers but suggest anyone wishing to avoid this sort of thing should try to stick with MSV. You basically pay the same but will be for vastly less numbers on track meaning there's less chance of the rage we're seeing here. Also more chance of getting a full credit if your car breaks or if you have problems with noise.
Thanks git mate.

Even with a few vids of some careless, aggressive and noob driving (me) I had a fantastic day and was very impressed with how polite and helpful everyone was off the track.

It certainly hasn't put me off track days and I was there. I have always said I wanted to do just one track day just to say that I've done one. But the whole day was brilliant and a great learning experience and I'd happily consider doing another one.

However, the distance to Bedford didn't help my shoulder, as 2 hours driving either side of a track day was a bit much, and I'm still paying the price of a very stiff shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#133 ·
Twenny said:
git-r2 said:
Thanks git mate.

Even with a few vids of some careless, aggressive and noob driving (me) I had a fantastic day and was very impressed with how polite and helpful everyone was off the track.

It certainly hasn't put me off track days and I was there. I have always said I wanted to do just one track day just to say that I've done one. But the whole day was brilliant and a great learning experience and I'd happily consider doing another one.

However, the distance to Bedford didn't help my shoulder, as 2 hours driving either side of a track day was a bit much, and I'm still paying the price of a very stiff shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/

Good to hear mate 👍👍

So have you caught the bug now? 😎😎

If you plan on more track stuff in the future and want an easier day, aim to turn up for about 10. You hardly ever miss track time but don't have to go through mass briefing and sighting laps. The best time of any track day is always at the very end as all the early birds go home and the track is nice and empty :)

Also you could try a half day. Javelin still signed on my mate in his focus for the afternoon despite having been fully booked, someone always breaks their car so there's nearly always space.

#138 ·
Just over 130mph down the back straight :)
Will upload a few more when i get a chance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.