Baby BMW Forum banner

Bedford TD 17th of Feb

9K views 137 replies 14 participants last post by  markhurley 
#1 ·
#3 ·
git-r2 said:
Not sure I'll make this but will come if poss :)

Booked
1 me 130i
2 Graearea 130i
3 git-r2 (fingers crossed)
Excellent!

#4 ·
I've just booked. Need to find out how my M140 handles on track with the M4 LCAs and Quaife.
Also got one mate to book in his R35 GT-R, with possibly two more to come.

Booked
1 me 130i
2 Graearea 130i
4. godzilla M140i

#5 ·
godzilla said:
I've just booked. Need to find out how my M140 handles on track with the M4 LCAs and Quaife.

Booked
1 me 130i
2 Graearea 130i
4. godzilla M140i
Fancy some twinning? ;)

Some R35 sport... hmmm... maybe I'll bring my 32 instead...

You know that in the last few months they've changed the noise monitoring situation?

#6 ·
git-r2 said:
godzilla said:

Booked
1 me 130i
2 Graearea 130i
4. godzilla M140i
Fancy some twinning? ;)

Some R35 sport... hmmm... maybe I'll bring my 32 instead...

You know that in the last few months they've changed the noise monitoring situation?
In what way? They've always had one of the lowest thresholds, annoyingly. I did know where the three mics were though. What has changed?

#7 ·
I'm not entirely sure but was warned it's more strict than last summer '17 when my R32 just got away with how fast.

They have a similar system to brands, once the meter is tripped it takes a photo and there are apparently no second chances.

Back to the bad old Bedford days :(

There was a guy in an apparently stock '15 R35 who tripped it. Gutting.

If your mates' 35's aren't stock then it could be a problem.

My 32 made consistently 83 dB driveby at brands but still tripped the 87.5 dB driveby at Bedford. Their measuring is about as consistent as my driving.

#8 ·
git-r2 said:
I'm not entirely sure but was warned it's more strict than last summer '17 when my R32 just got away with how fast.

They have a similar system to brands, once the meter is tripped it takes a photo and there are apparently no second chances.

Back to the bad old Bedford days :(

There was a guy in an apparently stock '15 R35 who tripped it. Gutting.

If your mates' 35's aren't stock then it could be a problem.

My 32 made consistently 83 dB driveby at brands but still tripped the 87.5 dB driveby at Bedford. Their measuring is about as consistent as my driving.
A completely stock R35 is virtually silent! But there's no such thing, everybody bungs a y-pipe on it at least. :lol2:
My Akrapovic makes a bit of cold start noise, but hopefully nothing that will bother the meters. Besides, as I said, I know where they are.

Bloody noise Nazis, they're selling the whole lot to build houses soon anyway, let the drivers have some fun in the meantime!
I've never understood how anybody has been hurt by a bit of track noise during the day.

#10 ·
godzilla said:
A completely stock R35 is virtually silent! But there's no such thing, everybody bungs a y-pipe on it at least. :lol2:
My Akrapovic makes a bit of cold start noise, but hopefully nothing that will bother the meters. Besides, as I said, I know where they are.

Bloody noise Nazis, they're selling the whole lot to build houses soon anyway, let the drivers have some fun in the meantime!
I've never understood how anybody has been hurt by a bit of track noise during the day.
:lol2: that's not good news about the house building though!

Looking like I'll definitely make this :) :) :)

Would be very cool to see how a 135 with racechip compares to the 140 on a straight. Would love to get some chase cam footage of some skids too!

#11 ·
Twenny said:
Oh I'm in.

Booked
1. Mark Hurley 130i
2. Graearea 130i
3. git-r2 (fingers crossed)
4. godzilla M140i
5. Twenny 125i

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Result :)

5 of us, good numbers!!

#12 ·
git-r2 said:
Twenny said:
Oh I'm in.

Booked
1. Mark Hurley 130i
2. Graearea 130i
3. git-r2 (fingers crossed)
4. godzilla M140i
5. Twenny 125i

Result :)

5 of us, good numbers!!
Could be a few more yet too.

#13 ·
I've managed to get two mates with R35s and one with a Cayman R to book too, should be great!
I'm not sure how my ego will take not having the fastest car there though... :lol2:

#14 ·
godzilla said:
I've managed to get two mates with R35s and one with a Cayman R to book too, should be great!
I'm not sure how my ego will take not having the fastest car there though... :lol2:
Uh oh that's not a good sign. Not sure ego is needed on a track day.

Surely as well, the fastest car doesn't always mean the quickest laps?

#15 ·
Twenny said:
godzilla said:

Did you not spot the :lol2: smiley? And no, fastest car does not mean the quickest laps. And quickest laps have no place on a track day.

#16 ·
godzilla said:
Twenny said:
godzilla said:

Did you not spot the :lol2: smiley? And no, fastest car does not mean the quickest laps. And "quickest laps" have no place on a track day.

#17 ·
godzilla said:
Did you not spot the [emoji1] smiley? And no, fastest car does not mean the quickest laps. And quickest laps have no place on a track day.
Lol fair play.

I'm really looking forward to my first track day [emoji16]

It'll be good to watch the veterans and hopefully learn a thing or ten lol

#18 ·
Twenny said:
godzilla said:
Did you not spot the [emoji1] smiley? And no, fastest car does not mean the quickest laps. And quickest laps have no place on a track day.
Lol fair play.

I'm really looking forward to my first track day [emoji16]

It'll be good to watch the veterans and hopefully learn a thing or ten lol

I'll be happy to show you round the track but even better see if you can book an instructor early on. Worth at least 100hp!

#19 ·
godzilla said:
I'll be happy to show you round the track but even better see if you can book an instructor early on. Worth at least 100hp!

Yes mate maybe I'll just try to keep up aha

And way ahead of you bud, already booked lol

#21 ·
AndyBish135i said:
Bet you're hooked on TD's within an hour! :lol2:

I'll put you down for a space at Castle Combe on Mon 19th March then shall I Con? :wink:
I will let you know on the evening of the 17th Bish my thoughts. But yes I think you're right [emoji23]

As for Castle Combe?

My heart says yes
My head says yes
My car says yes

My wallet says dream on monkey boy [emoji23]

#23 ·
Thinking out loud here.....if there are 6 of us and we want instruction I could ask a pro to help -Jake Hill/Matt Ellis/Kouresh Khani, some of you probably know them already.

I can't imagine it costing much more than what we'd pay for 1 session of instruction each but we'd have them for the whole day. (i'd also try and get them to drive my 135 up so I can bring the skyline and keep those 35's in check ;) )

Bedford GT is such a long track it feels like I'm not sure where I'm going. My first time thereI got lost and couldn't find the pit entrance :lol2: - a lap is 4.2 miles!

About lap times? ;)

Here's a 2:51 from my last visit (which is a bit crap before everyone else says so!), the guys above would go signifiacntly below 2:50 in a stockish M135 which is mughty impressive :cool2:

#24 ·
Go on then... not too far from me. First track day other than training with CAT.

However. I've got my winters on and it will cost about £70 to swap them off then back on again.

How much badness (....) can I realistically expect to the winters? (Conti WinterContact TS830).

Flip side is £70 is less than a new set of winters....

#25 ·
mouse140i said:
Go on then... not too far from me. First track day other than training with CAT.

However. I've got my winters on and it will cost about £70 to swap them off then back on again.

How much badness (....) can I realistically expect to the winters? (Conti WinterContact TS830).

Flip side is £70 is less than a new set of winters....
Good lad :cool2:

You should swao 'em... they'l die in no time. Just dont bother swapping them back over :)

#26 ·
git-r2 said:
Thinking out loud here.....if there are 6 of us and we want instruction I could ask a pro to help -Jake Hill/Matt Ellis/Kouresh Khani, some of you probably know them already.

I can't imagine it costing much more than what we'd pay for 1 session of instruction each but we'd have them for the whole day. (i'd also try and get them to drive my 135 up so I can bring the skyline and keep those 35's in check ;) )

Bedford GT is such a long track it feels like I'm not sure where I'm going. My first time thereI got lost and couldn't find the pit entrance :lol2: - a lap is 4.2 miles!

About lap times? ;)

Here's a 2:51 from my last visit (which is a bit crap before everyone else says so!), the guys above would go signifiacntly below 2:50 in a stockish M135 which is mughty impressive :cool2:
That's an impressive lap but Jesus you're on the raggedy edge, screeching and sliding and fighting for grip, or losing grip, hard to tell lol

Yeah I won't be doing anywhere near 2:50 if I have to drive like that!!! Waaaay out of my skill level and balls.

Still looking forward to it though lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.