Baby BMW Forum banner

Anyone fancy Bedford - Sat 31st March

5K views 45 replies 11 participants last post by  5678 
#1 ·
Planning on doing this day with Javelin, will be my first time taking the M2 out and I like the circuit.

Anyone else fancy it?

#3 ·
Just checked dates, wifes birthday weekend so better not! Plus im going to rockingham on the begginning april amd doing 4th march at brands hatch if your interested? Definately want to do bedford at some point soon though

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
That's a shame!

I've done bedford many times in my 182 that has a miltek and no cat and never had issues over noise. M2 should be fine.

Brands has a bit too much gravel for my first outing! I do like the circuit though!

#5 ·
Stock M2 should be ok at Bedford, there was one there last week that didn't have any problems:)

Not sure if I'll make this but think I've already pencilled it in so fingers crossed!

#6 ·
I was there yesterday, they are tight on noise (a mate with a not particuarly loud 200SX had to short shift) but were surprisingly lenient on sideways action. Was very slippy in the morning but improved as the day went on, fair play to them as it wouldnt have been much fun otherwise.

FWIW a stock exhaust on pretty much anything wont fail noise tests

#9 ·
MartyB said:
5678 said:
Planning on doing this day with Javelin, will be my first time taking the M2 out and I like the circuit.

Anyone else fancy it?
I was talking to a mate earlier about 31st at Bedford. Hopefully we will be going too.

It will also be my first TD in the M2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That would be good.

I'm trying to convince a few friends to come too.

#11 ·
docwra said:
I was there yesterday, they are tight on noise (a mate with a not particuarly loud 200SX had to short shift) but were surprisingly lenient on sideways action. Was very slippy in the morning but improved as the day went on, fair play to them as it wouldnt have been much fun otherwise.

FWIW a stock exhaust on pretty much anything wont fail noise tests
Long shot but did you meet Tom in his red Megane?

#14 ·
docwra said:
Didnt meet him but noticed the car, he knows my Scots mate Jamie through the Meganes I believe. I think I might have passed him in the morning ...... I was in the pack of MR2/MX5's that kept getting shown nice boards about spacing out by the marshalls ;)
What a small world. I've not met Jamie but know who he is through the Megane RS forum.
He was checking lap times on Harry's lap timer and noticed a 1 series so checked to see if t was me. Guilty as charged :D

#15 ·
Deadeye said:
GET INSURANCE

This was my last trackday - at Bedford with Javlin. Stupid c*nt hit me on the apex of the first corner after the pit straight:

In twenty years of track days I've never seen anything as bad as that. Awful, so sorry to see that :(

#17 ·
Deadeye said:
GET INSURANCE

This was my last trackday - at Bedford with Javlin. Stupid c*nt hit me on the apex of the first corner after the pit straight:

I remember seeing this on here a few years ago. It's one of the reasons I always insure my car on track. I've now got a road / track policy which covers unlimited trackdays!

#18 ·
#20 ·
Twenny said:
Few of us are booked in for the 17th Feb and it's my very first and only track day.

Any tips for Bedford?

Any tips for track days in general?

I have insurance lol

Bedford is long, that's about it. Problem is, on an open pit lane day, they let too many people attend.

It's a good track though with a mix of fast and slow corners. Really cool chicane on the back straight. Can be really greasy though if it's damp.

Best track day I ever did was Donnington. They do a Friday night event in the summer, all really well behaved drivers and some really trick kit.

Cramer curves are amazing. First time you see them they're quite intimidating but within a few laps your flying though them.

#21 ·
Deadeye said:
Twenny said:
Few of us are booked in for the 17th Feb and it's my very first and only track day.

Any tips for Bedford?

I have insurance lol

Bedford is long, that's about it. Problem is, on an open pit lane day, they let too many people attend.

It's a good track though with a mix of fast and slow corners. Really cool chicane on the back straight. Can be really greasy though if it's damp.

Best track day I ever did was Donnington. They do a Friday night event in the summer, all really well behaved drivers and some really trick kit.

Cramer curves are amazing. First time you see them they're quite intimidating but within a few laps your flying though them.
Yeah cheers DE I have been watching an Ariel Atom doing 2:50ish laps and can see some serious fast parts. Lots of run off which is what made me take the invite.

I was hoping Project Cars on PS4 had Bedford Aerodrome so I could at least get an idea of the lefts and rights etc.

I have also booked a 20 minute session with an experienced driver (allegedly lol) on the day to hopefully learn a few things.

Plus it's an expensive day -

Track day -120
Insurance - 85
20 mins lesson - £20
Helmet - 10
Fuel - 3 tanks - 200
Food - ?
Replacement pads - 40

So £500 for the day

Hoping I enjoy it but I couldn't afford this more than once a year anyway lol

#22 ·
Donington is great but expensive.
Cadwell, Oulton and Anglesey are my UK favourites even though Castle Combe is 20 minutes away.

Donington pursue for barrier damage like Nurburgring.

#23 ·
Oulton is great, lived in Manchester for a while and used to go there a lot in my 182.
Anglesey was a stunning place, but the day I went was full of gt3s and radicals and I spent all day moving over!

#24 ·
Oulton is great, lived in Manchester for a while and used to go there a lot in my 182.
Anglesey was a stunning place, but the day I went was full of gt3s and radicals and I spent all day moving over!

#26 ·
Twenny said:
Deadeye said:
Twenny said:

Any tips for Bedford?

I have insurance lol

Yeah cheers DE I have been watching an Ariel Atom doing 2:50ish laps and can see some serious fast parts. Lots of run off which is what made me take the invite.

I was hoping Project Cars on PS4 had Bedford Aerodrome so I could at least get an idea of the lefts and rights etc.

I have also booked a 20 minute session with an experienced driver (allegedly lol) on the day to hopefully learn a few things.

Plus it's an expensive day -

Track day -120
Insurance - 85
20 mins lesson - £20
Helmet - 10
Fuel - 3 tanks - 200
Food - ?
Replacement pads - 40

So £500 for the day

Hoping I enjoy it but I couldn't afford this more than once a year anyway lol

Can you share the Atom vid please?

My M135i would do sub 2:50 with a proper driver. I've not found many lap times to reference, the track changed so current times are only valid 2016 onwards.

£500 for a track day is very generous. Hopefully you'll find it cheaper than that :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.