Baby BMW Forum banner

Track Day Donington Park 19th March

2K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  deanw 
#1 ·
Just booked on for this.. anyone else attending?

#6 ·
deanw said:
Here you go

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calendar/

Hope you can make it 👍
Will see what I can do, shame its full GP circuit as I actually prefer the shorter track, find Melbourne loop section boring and you cant even play at drifting on exit due to 2nd noise meter being just after the hairpin, will try and get sorted so I can book it though.

Ian

#8 ·
deanw said:
Good stuff guys.

I've never done Donnington so I'm looking forward to it. Although I'm a bit obsessed with Oulton
I love Oulton too, you will like Donny its nice circuit just make sure your car isnt noisy as the drive by noise meters are very sensitive!

#9 ·
THETYRANT said:
deanw said:
Good stuff guys.

I've never done Donnington so I'm looking forward to it. Although I'm a bit obsessed with Oulton
I love Oulton too, you will like Donny its nice circuit just make sure your car isnt noisy as the drive by noise meters are very sensitive!
I just have the MPE on mine so I should be fine. I keep reading about the people removing the silencer's and how it makes it sound so much better and I'm tempted but it always make me worry about going over the sound limit on track days so I haven't bothered.

#10 ·
deanw said:
I just have the MPE on mine so I should be fine. I keep reading about the people removing the silencer's and how it makes it sound so much better and I'm tempted but it always make me worry about going over the sound limit on track days so I haven't bothered.
You should be ok then, they are funny about noise at Donny and only track i know that are so sensitive on the drive-by tests (apart from maybe Bedford and used to be at Croft), at Donny there is a noise meter between the melbourne hairpin and final hairpin back onto start finish then another one near start/finish line, many cars that dont sound loud trip these either due to pop on upchange or induction noise, sometimes being in a group of cars triggers it as well and ive known people get blamed when it wasnt their car causing it! .... so best to try and make sure your clear of other cars at those points if possible, worst case they black flag you and usually get 1 chance so you then have to short shift or lift as you get close to meters, crazy as there are jumbo jets taking off from east midlands airport passing overhead making a hell of a racket!

Ian

#11 ·
THETYRANT said:
they are funny about noise at Donny
Anyone else read Donny and hears Osmond?

No?

FML just me then.

Friends - Ross - "You say Mickey, you hear Mouse"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.