Baby BMW Forum banner

Cornwall Mlite Meet VII - 10th April 2016

8K views 47 replies 16 participants last post by  Muaythaimatt95 
#1 ·
Heads up if anyone's around? No details yet but hopefully 6 of us so far plus two 'splitters' in their new toys ......

#28 ·
The loss of the 130i LE was the reason I ended up with my M135i. The 130i was chopped in for a JCW Coupe (which was fun for a while) but was too lairy for me in the end and I wanted a serious stealthy car.
The M135i is seriously quick, up-to-date, in warranty, doesn't attract chav's to race and a nice place to be for normal driving. Admittedly it doesn't sound as good as the 130i did but in other ways the 130i was the more engaging car in spite of it's slow clunky gear change and growing years. But that's my excuse .....the guys may think differently.....

#29 ·
I used to own a 120d so I'm familiar with the 1er but never been in a 130 or 135. I cover very few miles so seems silly not to get a big petrol it will be happier with the short journeys during the week. Your description of the 130 v 135 sounds exactly what I'm looking for apart from the clunky gear change is there anything that can be done to help with that?

Guess I just need to keep an eye out for something this side of Bristol....

#30 ·
I'm Soups other half rodders. The gear change can often be improved with an oil change using Redline MTL available from Opie Oils. We did this and it did make a difference. You can also fit a short shift leaver (we didn't). There is a fair bit on the forum about what to look for in a good 130.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#32 ·
rodders said:
I used to own a 120d so I'm familiar with the 1er but never been in a 130 or 135.

Guess I just need to keep an eye out for something this side of Bristol....
Hey Rudders, where in Bristol are you? I have a 130i LE with the short shift which you are welcome to come and see / have a go in.

#34 ·
Happy to show you around/take you out in mine Rodders - I'm near Launceston.
Gearshift very easily fixed with fresh oil and a few tweaks. They are brilliant little cars.

#36 ·
Tell us about yours swanny71 - wondering if it's our old one as we haven't seen it down this end of the County lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#39 ·
Itsteagle said:
I'm a recent convert, a debadged 130i which has come all the way from Leeds, it now lives just outside of St Columb Major. Shame I didn't have the car at the time of the last meet, but I'd like to come to one in the future :D
Hooray for Kernow Mlites

I'm up for a 2017 if one is planned.

#40 ·
Wolfgang said:
Itsteagle said:
I'm a recent convert, a debadged 130i which has come all the way from Leeds, it now lives just outside of St Columb Major. Shame I didn't have the car at the time of the last meet, but I'd like to come to one in the future :D
Hooray for Kernow Mlites

Many of the Mlites that met up until last year moved on to other vehicles when change times came around (JCW's, S3, BMW family wagons) but we still see our old cars around and about the cornish roads. Might be worth you starting a new thread to gauge interest? That's how the original meets started out .....

#41 ·
Soup said:
Wolfgang said:
Itsteagle said:
Hooray for Kernow Mlites

Many of the Mlites that met up until last year moved on to other vehicles when change times came around (JCW's, S3, BMW family wagons) but we still see our old cars around and about the cornish roads. Might be worth you starting a new thread to gauge interest? That's how the original meets started out .....

Thought that was the case, most attendees seem to have been inactive for some time now.

I shall spin up a new thread, spotted a couple out and about in the west Cornwall area recently.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.