Baby BMW Forum banner

Carsington Water 2017 meet #1

13K views 124 replies 22 participants last post by  Peter.V 
#1 ·
Morning guys,

So after the last meet I arranged up at Carsington, I've been getting inundated with requests or sort the next one out so to that end,

Saturday 21st January @ Carsington Water Visitors Centre @ 09:30am

Carsington Water Visitor Centre
Big Lane, Upper Town, Ashbourne DE6 1ST
01629 540696

The last meet was a good turnout, I expect this one to be better :) , also it's my birthday weekend so you guys better rock up :lol2:
Show your interest and get your name down.

#103 ·
A great turnout as expected and a nice selection of cars too. Loads of BMW's as expected, couple of Golf R's too, a few Porsches and a Lamborghini made an appearance too. Nice to put faces to some of the regular forum usernames (Hi Twenny, Browny, Producethis!) and meet some new ones too. Also a big thanks to the guy who took me out in his JB4'd M140i! Amazing bit of kit! I'm sorry I didn't catch your name. I hope this becomes a regular thing when the weather picks up. A few photos from this morning:

Turn out of about 40-50 cars

Browny's car looking very mod-less and sad

Carrera 4S. Amazing spec, camera didn't do this colour justice.

Japanred120d's Carrera 4S

1 of 4 M2's that showed up!

Long Beach Blue M2

Golf R's. I actually really like these, but wouldn't own one over the M140i.

Me and Peter.V - 50 shades of BMW greys :lol2:

Twenny's 125i. Not an M Badge in sight.

M3 and Penetrator's M4. Thanks for organising again Wayne!

#104 ·
mikethemike said:
A great turnout as expected and a nice selection of cars too. Loads of BMW's as expected, couple of Golf R's too, a few Porsches and a Lamborghini made an appearance too. Nice to put faces to some of the regular forum usernames (Hi Twenny, Browny, Producethis!) and meet some new ones too. Also a big thanks to the guy who took me out in his JB4'd M140i! Amazing bit of kit! I'm sorry I didn't catch your name. I hope this becomes a regular thing when the weather picks up. A few photos from this morning:
There are a few pictures "not showing", Mike! Can you re-link No. 3, 6, 8 and 10, please?

#106 ·
Peter.V said:
mikethemike said:
There are a few pictures "not showing", Mike! Can you re-link No. 3, 6, 8 and 10, please?
Try refreshing the page, I had some not show at first but should be ok now.

#107 ·
mikethemike said:
Peter.V said:
mikethemike said:
Try refreshing the page, I had some not show at first but should be ok now.
Tried that, and 2 different browsers, also on the phone and on tapatalk... :(

#108 ·
Nice to meet a few people. I was the gatecrasher in the blue golf r :redface:

Hoping to have a m140i in May honest :lol2:

#109 ·
connorjburton said:
Williams327 said:

My mate in the red golf R was wondering what you had done to your exhaust?
BCS downpipe and milltek non res cat back

#110 ·
Williams327 said:
connorjburton said:
Williams327 said:

It did sound good. What makes you want to change to an M140i?

Also, for anyone struggling to see the pics they're all here - . I have a few more to upload but need to edit number plates out first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#112 ·
mikethemike said:
Williams327 said:
connorjburton said:
It did sound good. What makes you want to change to an M140i?

Also, for anyone struggling to see the pics they're all here - . I have a few more to upload but need to edit number plates out first.

Having drove my friends m240i there brilliant cars and with the deals TRL offers on the m140i it's hard to resist.

I love the golf still but you always get that itch to move to something else haha

#113 ·
Thanks all for a great meet at Carsington.

Below is a video from yesterday - plenty of exhaust clips:

0:00 - arrival
2:50 - slideshow
4:15 - arrival (different view, more exhaust clarity)

I spent a lot of time chatting so didn't get to photo each car (including the one I arrived in), but most are in the video anyway :wink:

Look forward to the next one!

#114 ·
Well guys, thank you to all who attended the meet, I thought it was great and there was a fantastic mix of cars there! To all those who've posted pics, great job! Really looking forward to organising the next one and hopefully it will be considerably warmer :lol2:

Nice to meet new and old faces. :)

#115 ·
And I'm getting pics sent to me from lots of different people so check back here throughout the day as when I get chance I'll throw them up!

#116 ·
Really good day out guys! Nice to meet more good people looking good forward to the next one :D

#118 ·
Mazanid said:
Some more photos from yesterdays meet. Was good to meet you guys. The convoy was awesome to see, and some nice roads too. I'll definitely come along again, hopefully in warmer weather! (I had the Eskimo hat) :D

(I've always wandered if people want the plates obscured? I haven't bothered, but could do if requested?)
Thanks for that, some great pics! I'm not fussed about my plate but I'm never quite sure about how other people feel which is why I edited them out on mine.

#120 ·
ratedrkstevo said:
Gutted, I couldn't make it in the end. Added a couple of last bits to the car just in time and then my missus was induced at weekend so had to attend another meet at the hospital! My 140 is now our baby carrier [emoji2]

Congratulations mate :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.