Baby BMW Forum banner

Surrey - Impromptu mid week mini-meet Tues 4th April

3K views 24 replies 8 participants last post by  Tommo 
#1 ·
Folks,

Home alone next week so was thinking about a mini meet. Apres work - 2 meeting places and 3 timings.

Rykas Café car park at Box Hill [BH] from 530pm Tuesday 4th April

Head to Newlands Corner [NC] car park eta 615pm ish

Loop back to Rykas for about 7pm-715pm.

If you care to join add your name below cw "BH" or "NC" as the meeting point you will go to.

BP

1. Blind Pugh BH

See less See more
#21 ·
Blowsy said:
Blind Pugh said:
Newlands Corner is more accommodating...
Translation: better for donuts!

Good to see/meet you guys!
Blowsy - thank you for the (albeit too brief) drive in yr M140i JB4 map 2. With TC/DTC on, slight lag/stutter is more noticeable and car/ZF8spd/JB4 definitely more harmonious with TC fully off.

TC off, JB4 afterburners on - you need to be Ironballs McGinty and or have a large expanse of real estate either side of you to exploit to the full !!!

FYI - just as well you didn't drive my car last night, as its in to the dealer for a slight clonk/rattle from OSF. They have just called to tell me it needs a new steering rack !!! Parts order so hopefully I get it back on Friday.....Fit for the next time we meet. BP

#22 ·
My rocker cover gasket was leaking, dropped it off this morning and pick it up tomorrow. All ready for the next run!

#23 ·
Blind Pugh said:
Blowsy - thank you for the (albeit too brief) drive in yr M140i JB4 map 2. With TC/DTC on, slight lag/stutter is more noticeable and car/ZF8spd/JB4 definitely more harmonious with TC fully off.

TC off, JB4 afterburners on - you need to be Ironballs McGinty and or have a large expanse of real estate either side of you to exploit to the full !!!

FYI - just as well you didn't drive my car last night, as its in to the dealer for a slight clonk/rattle from OSF. They have just called to tell me it needs a new steering rack !!! Parts order so hopefully I get it back on Friday.....Fit for the next time we meet. BP
You're very welcome mate, any time.

I agree re: TC, butnin very reluctant to do too much in the way of aggressive public road driving with TC fully off; I'll save it for the track, I think.

Sorry to hear about the steering rack, hopefully not too expensive!

#24 ·
Tommo said:
My rocker cover gasket was leaking, dropped it off this morning and pick it up tomorrow. All ready for the next run!
Glad it wasn't anything serious bud. I've got a cracking video of you lying face down on the tarmac, will post the full edit soon

#25 ·
Blowsy said:
Tommo said:
Glad it wasn't anything serious bud. I've got a cracking video of you lying face down on the tarmac, will post the full edit soon
I will require to see the video before I go viral! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.