Just Park - Rent a Driveway for Parking

This area contains links to useful sites: online shopping retailers, useful maps, interesting articles etc. Its NOT a discussion area

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

jaynemc
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Just Park - Rent a Driveway for Parking

Post by jaynemc » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:22 pm

Here's a great idea - Just Park web site lets people advertise their unused parking space - you can then go on the site, search by location, find the nearest available parking space + rent it

https://www.justpark.com/

I found this site + used it this summer when I was travelling from Wakefield Kirkgate station to London - I needed a parking space for 3 days / 2 nights and Kirkgate Station was undergoing a serious re-furb at the time so there was zero station parking

I found a lady who didn't own a car of her own + was renting out her driveway just a short walk from the station - I paid around £2.50 for every 24 hours - would never have got station parking for that price!

Bookmark it - its UK wide the more people that use it the better coverage there will be
Now - BMW 130i M Sport Auto with Flappy Paddles 5 Door Silver :D
Gone - 24 Cars, 3 white Vans, 1 Series 1 LandRover, 3 Motorbikes - Some best forgotten, others very well remembered :D

Motley2012
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Just Park - Rent a Driveway for Parking

Post by Motley2012 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:59 pm

It's great,I have used it twice for concerts now without issue.
57' 118i M Sport E87 BSM, Aero Spoiler, Alpine, Parrot 9100 with Unika
08' 125i M Sport E88 LMB/Boston Lemon, Xenon, Pro CD, BT, Alpine & L7 Subs

jaynemc
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by jaynemc » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:17 am

Yes I agree - its a good system they've got very easy to use - I've only used it to rent a driveway

Can imagine its easy way to make a few £££ if you have a driveway you don't really use + live in an area where people want to park
Now - BMW 130i M Sport Auto with Flappy Paddles 5 Door Silver :D
Gone - 24 Cars, 3 white Vans, 1 Series 1 LandRover, 3 Motorbikes - Some best forgotten, others very well remembered :D

mikey_tikes
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by mikey_tikes » Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:54 am

Friend and ex-colleage has just started working there as a developer.

Seems well backed and in busier cities (especially London) is going really well.
EB/Oyster/Fineline - F20 M135i, Auto, Adaptive, Visibility, Pro Media, Comfort w/ Rear PDC, Sun protection,
HK Audio, Folding Mirrors, Enhanced BT, Comfort Access, Extended Storage.

Tin
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Tin » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:33 pm

Used it last week, and was simple and effective. :thumbs:
Certified Mod junkee :D

Chrisr22
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Chrisr22 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:47 pm

Used this in Oxford a couple of weeks ago, really easy to use and good value as well.
2017 Valencia Orange M140i
previously...Titanium Silver 118d

RyanT
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by RyanT » Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:53 pm

Use it weekly for parking near the train station, closest house to the station probably only 50 yards further than the car park, saves me 8 quid a week and means no chance of door dings :thumbs:
Build thread - viewtopic.php?t=39352

DuracellBunny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by DuracellBunny » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:15 am

Can see it as a system to be abused sadly.

Somebody parks on your drive and don't pay... the law isn't on your side.

Yes, been there. I've moved now but for the last 18 months it would be common place to return home from work to find somebody "I'm only going to be 5 minutes" in my drive whilst they go and pick up their Chicken Cottage poison. Was gutted as the house was really nice and there was no Chicken Cottage when I bought it. There is nothing you can do to stop it and the police can do nothing to help.

I got assaulted the last time I asked somebody to move... that was the last straw. It would seem that Chicken Cottage was attracted low life to the area too.

<joke>So if you are a low life and want free parking, find somebody's drive to rent... walk off and don't pay. Just make sure there's enough dash cams in your car so you can see exactly how that scratch appeared on your car...</joke>

essiii
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by essiii » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:26 am

DuracellBunny wrote:Can see it as a system to be abused sadly.

Yes, been there. I've moved now but for the last 18 months it would be common place to return home from work to find somebody "I'm only going to be 5 minutes" in my drive whilst they go and pick up their Chicken Cottage poison. Was gutted as the house was really nice and there was no Chicken Cottage when I bought it. There is nothing you can do to stop it and the police can do nothing to help.

I got assaulted the last time I asked somebody to move... that was the last straw. It would seem that Chicken Cottage was attracted low life to the area too.

<joke>So if you are a low life and want free parking, find somebody's drive to rent... walk off and don't pay. Just make sure there's enough dash cams in your car so you can see exactly how that scratch appeared on your car...</joke>
The police can't do anything if someone parks their car on your private driveway? That doesn't sound right, it has to be covered by some sort of trespassing law?

Sonic1506
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:38 am

essiii wrote:
DuracellBunny wrote:Can see it as a system to be abused sadly.

The police can't do anything if someone parks their car on your private driveway? That doesn't sound right, it has to be covered by some sort of trespassing law?
From the Police Website:
If a car is on private land then normally it is the landowner's responsibility to remove it. However, you cannot have it moved straight away. The safest way is to put a notice on the car stating that if the car is still there in 14 days time then you will have it removed. If there are number plates on the vehicle, send a recorded delivery letter to the registered keeper giving the same information (and keep the proof of postage and a copy of the letter). A Form V888 from the DVLA will get you registered details so long as your request is considered legitimate.
Once you have given reasonable notice that the car will be towed away you will prevent the owner from subsequently claiming theft or damage to the vehicle. If you sell the car to, perhaps, a scrap dealer, you can keep the costs of removal, but any surplus should go to the proven owner if s/he ever turns up.
The police can move cars on land in open air in limited circumstances. The power is discretionary and they are unlikely to remove a rusty old car which has been rotting on the land for several years.
If the car looks stolen (i.e. it has damage to the locks) then contact the police who will make further enquiries.
In other words... A BIG fish YOU to the law abiding citizen and carry on son to the perpetrator/scum. I had someone block my driveway once, bear in mind he has is own driveway but had a skip in it due to building work, so I went over to his, asked him why he blocked my driveway and said and I quote "There was nowhere else to park and I didn't want to block my own driveway and I don't have to move my car". My friend with his 4x4 was at mine anyway, so I told the guy, "Okay, wait here and watch this", friend came with his 4x4, put some rope around the tow hook, soon as he saw we were going to tow his car out the way, he ran out and moved his car. They don't park anywhere near my house now. They're right c*nts anyway so fish them :thumbs:.
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

DuracellBunny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by DuracellBunny » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:42 am

essiii wrote: The police can't do anything if someone parks their car on your private driveway? That doesn't sound right, it has to be covered by some sort of trespassing law?
There you go. Surprising eh?

Sucks huh?

DuracellBunny
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by DuracellBunny » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:44 am

Sonic1506 wrote: In other words... A BIG fish YOU to the law abiding citizen and carry on son to the perpetrator/scum. I had someone block my driveway once, bear in mind he has is own driveway but had a skip in it due to building work, so I went over to his, asked him why he blocked my driveway and said and I quote "There was nowhere else to park and I didn't want to block my own driveway and I don't have to move my car". My friend with his 4x4 was at mine anyway, so I told the guy, "Okay, wait here and watch this", friend came with his 4x4, put some rope around the tow hook, soon as he saw we were going to tow his car out the way, he ran out and moved his car. They don't park anywhere near my house now. They're right c*nts anyway so fish them :thumbs:.
Love it... however, in my case, there were hundreds of different people over the year. The 4x4 would never stop! :p

Sonic1506

Post by Sonic1506 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:48 am

DuracellBunny wrote:
Sonic1506 wrote: In other words... A BIG fish YOU to the law abiding citizen and carry on son to the perpetrator/scum. I had someone block my driveway once, bear in mind he has is own driveway but had a skip in it due to building work, so I went over to his, asked him why he blocked my driveway and said and I quote "There was nowhere else to park and I didn't want to block my own driveway and I don't have to move my car". My friend with his 4x4 was at mine anyway, so I told the guy, "Okay, wait here and watch this", friend came with his 4x4, put some rope around the tow hook, soon as he saw we were going to tow his car out the way, he ran out and moved his car. They don't park anywhere near my house now. They're right c*nts anyway so fish them :thumbs:.
Love it... however, in my case, there were hundreds of different people over the year. The 4x4 would never stop! :p
Haha! Sometimes you gotta do things yourself and not rely on the law, as proven the law ISN'T on your side! Sucks really.
| E87 M Sport | 116i LCI (2.0) | Titanium Silver | Airlift 3P | Zito 935/Ispiri CSR4/Compomotive TS701 | Pioneer/Gladen/JL Audio | Custom Exhaust/Steering Wheel | Much, much more |

Return to “Links to interesting sites”