Baby BMW Forum banner

Aloominum!

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  bertie_mollie 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I bet you only got up for a pee :flush: , quickly logged in, sent the post and went back to bed again :sleeping: :lol2:

#4 ·
#7 ·
Remy said:
i kind of wondered that too..... would be a big bloody block!

Loved the vid though :) Ive been to see a world class hgv plant recently and it really is interesting watching them do it
I wondering how long a single block that big would take to cool! :lol2: :eek2:

It must have flaws and imperfections from shrinkage while cooling at the very least?!

#8 ·
Utopia said:
Machined from a single block of aluminium? Surely not?!
It is true, most OEM's call it 'the cube', although it isn't actually a cube.... :D

#9 ·
midlifecrisis said:
golfer said:
midlifecrisis said:
Ve hav vays of making you interested .....

(I only posted this to prove that I fall into the category of a 3.00 am sad poster) :lol2:
I bet you only got up for a pee :flush: , quickly logged in, sent the post and went back to bed again :sleeping: :lol2:
You spoil all my fun :(
Sorry mate i keep fogetting that the only fun you have in the wet, wild, windy west of Scotland is here on babybmw.net ............. then again it is the best website "IN THE WORLD" :spotman:

#10 ·
golfer said:
Sorry mate i keep fogetting that the only fun you have in the wet, wild, windy west of Scotland is here on babybmw.net ............. then again it is the best website "IN THE WORLD" :spotman:
Not true ..... I mowed my grass for the first time this afternoon, cleaned up the garden and had a small bonfire - never had so much fun in my life (not) :( :lol2:

#11 ·
midlifecrisis said:
golfer said:
Not true ..... I mowed my grass for the first time this afternoon, cleaned up the garden and had a small bonfire - never had so much fun in my life (not) :( :lol2:
Happy days ....... hope the not true didnt also apply to the website :cry:

#13 ·
midlifecrisis said:
golfer said:
Happy days ....... hope the not true didnt also apply to the website :cry:
Noooooo the website's the dog's dangly wangly fings :lol2:
Im glad you didnt come up with a smiley to depict that :redface:

#14 ·
tminal said:
Utopia said:
Machined from a single block of aluminium? Surely not?!
It is true, most OEM's call it 'the cube', although it isn't actually a cube.... :D
Correct, Do you work with JLR?

When they have prototype build issues you can try your part on the cube to see if it fits or not. The ecube is a "nominal vehicle"

If you part doesn't fit very well you need to go away and improve your dimensions / process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.