Baby BMW Forum banner

Audi RS3 vs BMW 1M Coupe track test

15K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Spin 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I was surprised to see the 1M 1.7 seconds quicker than the RS3 and the track was a little bit damp
The 1M must put its power down more usefully through the corners

#8 ·
I suppose the RS3 is going to be better in extreme wet conditions because of 4wd, but the 1M looks alot more menacing and rewarding to drive :D

#11 ·
Rs3 is supposedly a real dissapointment to drive sadly.. The 1M should and would run rings around it, much better performance car.

Oliver - totally agree mate the A1 looks Horrible :lol2: !

#13 ·
TBH the RS3 looks best in black or red, the latter surprises me as not usually a fan.

Don't believe everything you read and try the car for yourself, I recently had one for the day and it was really very good in all aspects, yes, you do struggle to provoke the rear end but the sheer pace and the noise make up for that and I'm sure on track things would be a little different with 4 wheel drifts available for those that way inclined.

Price initially seems steep but it does feel so much different to a standard S3 and the interior with lunar silver leather is beautiful.

Of course I can't compare it to the 1M but I felt like a change after 3 x M135i's so after placing an order I am expecting one early next year, this may mean I'm biased it felt good enough to me to justify pressing the Green light, the huge GFV on a PCP assisted my decision as its really quite affordable for the performance on offer.

Of course when the 1M comes out I'll probably change my mind LOL :x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.