118d edition es

This section holds reviews of Babybmw members own reviews

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

crapsurfer

118d edition es

Post by crapsurfer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:09 am

Hi to everyone, this site has opened my eyes to all the different aspects of owning a beema and particular a 1 series. I have owned my 118d for about 3 weeks now and am totally chuffed. Bought it on the spur of the moment and wish I'd shopped around a bit more now. Although I am very happy with the driving position and the feel of the car, I am a little disappointed by the trim. I used to drive a Citroen C4 VTR + coupe which had almost everything - apart from bluetooth. What I miss is a centre arm rest, cruise control, auto lights and wipers, then again the ride makes up for it the fuel costs and the tax man's share - £30 a year is brilliant. In short I'm chuffed to be a 1er owner. I may add some photos next.

If anyone wants to buy genuine Citroen C4 roofbars I'm your man.
BMW 118 d 2008 3 door

Mazda mx5 1.6 summer playmobile

nicebiscuit
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: 118d edition es

Post by nicebiscuit » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:13 am

OK. Time to try make you feel better (as I wish I could have specced some of that stuff as well)

- The armrest only gets in the way of changing gear (and if you really want one can be retro fitted - keep an eye on ebay - and there are threads on here about how to do it.)
- Cruise would be nice, but the traffic's usually too bad to use it, plus the 1er has a nice driving position which means your throttle foot stays quite relaxed.
- Auto lights and wipers can be substituted with the wonderful thing that is your brain. If you have auto wipers you lose the excellent variable intermittent wipe as well.
120d Sport Coupe. Abarth 500. Saab 900 Convertible. Practical family cars all...

crapsurfer

Post by crapsurfer » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:19 pm

Yes, the driving position is very comfortable. I just like the cruise / speed limiter for those nasty mandatory speed limits with ave speed checks. I used to have a Citroen with it and it was a good tool. I suppose I got used to auto lights / wipers. I'm a little disappointed at how plastic and flimsy the heating controls are. Oh well when the fuel consumption is so good and only £30 a year to tax, I'll make do. After all, I am a BMW owner now 8)
BMW 118 d 2008 3 door

Mazda mx5 1.6 summer playmobile

smudge128
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by smudge128 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:56 pm

Had my 118d se for about 3 weeks now and bloody love it, drove a fiesta i am selling just to put some fuel in it ready to sell it and this really showed up how high the quality is with the beemer. Only down side is the MPG which is only 36 mpg against the 53 i was getting out of the fiesta, pretty poor for a diesel but the rest is awesome. So quiet to drive, plenty of grunt under the right foot.

space
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by space » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:23 pm

The trouble is the es was the most basic option so had the lowest spec. Least you got less things to go wrong :D

Lee_k
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Lee_k » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:56 pm

I came from a C4 Coupe VTR+ too!

Luckily i did shop around... so i do have, arm rest, auto lights/wipers, climate in the 118 :)

No cruise control tho and the c4 stero was a different league to the business one in the 118.... but the drive more than makes up for it :mrgreen:

SamM118dSE
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by SamM118dSE » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:56 pm

I'm in the same boat as you guys, but v. impressed with my 118d SE.

I had been driving a 54 plate Citroen C2 1.6 VTR for a few years, and although fun (flappy paddles!), it felt like it was falling apart 24/7!

Really enjoying the 'premium' feel of the 09 118d and so glad I went for an SE with a few toys chucked in (iDrive, nav, cruise, arm rest etc...)

Enjoy!
BMW 118d SE (09) Metallic Montego Blue, Comfort Package, iDrive, Professional Navigation, BMW Hi-Fi Upgrade package, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Rear PDC, Leather Sports Steering Wheel, iPod integration (USB, Aux & Y-Cable)

Lee_k
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Lee_k » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:36 pm

SamM118dSE wrote:I'm in the same boat as you guys, but v. impressed with my 118d SE.

I had been driving a 54 plate Citroen C2 1.6 VTR for a few years, and although fun (flappy paddles!), it felt like it was falling apart 24/7!

Really enjoying the 'premium' feel of the 09 118d and so glad I went for an SE with a few toys chucked in (iDrive, nav, cruise, arm rest etc...)

Enjoy!
I had a VTS C2 before the C4, great fun little car! Miltek manifold, exhaust, gsr induction and a remap later it was lively too

SamM118dSE
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by SamM118dSE » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 am

Lee_k wrote:
SamM118dSE wrote:I'm in the same boat as you guys, but v. impressed with my 118d SE.

Enjoy!
I had a VTS C2 before the C4, great fun little car! Miltek manifold, exhaust, gsr induction and a remap later it was lively too
Definitely good fun... I bet you'll never own another French car though ;)
BMW 118d SE (09) Metallic Montego Blue, Comfort Package, iDrive, Professional Navigation, BMW Hi-Fi Upgrade package, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Rear PDC, Leather Sports Steering Wheel, iPod integration (USB, Aux & Y-Cable)

Lee_k
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Lee_k » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:23 pm

SamM118dSE wrote:
Lee_k wrote:

Enjoy!
Definitely good fun... I bet you'll never own another French car though ;)
Wouldnt say that - DS3 is nice, maybe in a year or so! ....to replace the fiesta :D

Return to “Members reviews”