Baby BMW Forum banner

Out of the Stone-age.

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  BigC 
#1 ·
I have been a BMW owner for only a month now....
I'm not a person who is successful the the passage of life, but one day I promised myself I would own a BMW (whichever model)......That day has arrived.
To cut a long story short, I knew I wanted a small version, due to today's economic climate and the running costs of owning such.
I checked out all the local websites and finally settled for my Sparkling Graphite (2006 E87) 116i ES.
Cost me £6k complete with 1years warranty with 46k miles on the clock....bargain I thought.

After driving a Hyundai Getz for 7 years (1.3 petrol)..with 150k miles from new on the clock (pretty good for a small petrol engine)....Driving my new beemer was like driving out of the stone-age and into the present day...

Now I know its not the most up to date model (I have to live within my means) but I have a few plans and upgrades for this nice little motor....(next job is the Angel-eye lighting after I get past the confused dot com stage) Then a Dynavin entertainment system and a few other aesthetics.

Washing and polishing this baby is a real joy....

It may be only basic but I sure as hell love this driving experience.

Finally....Its bloody good to know that you guys are on hand to answer any STUPID NOOB questions I come up with.

I've seen the light
Regards
C

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.