Baby BMW Forum banner

E82 Cruise Control Quick Question

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cratcliffe17 
#1 ·
Hi All,
Planning on fitting cruise control to my E82, pretty sure the part number i need is:
61319123040?

I assume i currently have:
MFSW = yes
rain sensor = no
Cruise = No
Active Cruise = No

Am i correct in thinking the part i need to get is: 61319123040
MFSW = yes
rain sensor = no
Cruise = Yes
Active Cruise = No

The problem i am having is that part number : 61319123040 has 2 versions one with MFSW yes and the other with MFSW no, is there anyway to tell the difference between the two trying to pick one up off ebay but cant tell if it's the right one or not.

Ebay options:

Any help would be be appreciated!

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
If the pictures are decent you will be able to see the pins in the socket that the MFSW plugs into. If it is the wrong one, those pins are missing and it is an empty socket.

#3 ·
Ha, it's easy to misinterpret what you're looking at in RealOEM.

It works if you look at "what features you've got" to find the part number you need. It can be misleading if you try to work it the other way round; the same part number works for both options (MFSW yes and no) because it works for "yes" (it has the connections), and when installed in a vehicle without MFSW the connections are just redundant. It cost less to make one part that works for both configurations rather than manage separate parts (and have to know which one to fit in each car).

I wont comment on your assumed part number - looks like you know what you've got and are looking for though :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.