Retrofit PDC switch to stop the dam beep!

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

neil278

Retrofit PDC switch to stop the dam beep!

Post by neil278 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:52 pm

F series

Retrofit for when you have rear PDC but not front and therefore lack the console button to switch PDC on / off

This will enable you to stop the constant beep after reversing, this is a big issue in the manual cars as it's bloody annoying :lol:

Obtain console switch, got mine on eBay for £23, ensure it's a RHD part as they are sided price varies from £25-40. Part number 9252921 03

Disconnect negative terminal on battery, LEAVE BOOT OPEN!

Unclip gear gator and pop out the old console switch. First unclip at the top nearest dash by pushing on the clip and pulling the switch bar up(no need to force it will just pop out), then repeat on the rear clip. This one is a little more fiddly due to space but it will go.

Unplug the connector. Now your looking for wires in both pin 1 and 2 (1 is numbered on the underside), you "should" have a wire in pin 2 but I believe some haven't. (Info from a front & rear PDC retrofit guide)

You will need 45cm long wire with molex style crimps part number 61131383776. These are commonly used on BMWs and I lucky had a mate braking an old 54reg z4, alternatively there is plenty of connectors with wires for sale on eBay.

You need to connect pin 1 from console switch to pin 28 on the ICM. The ICM is located under the idrive controller with a yellow label on.

If pin 2 wire is missing (yellow/blue wire) this will go pin 2 console switch to pin 6 on the ICM

The ICM can be accessed from removing the handbrake gator. I used a hook to press the latch in and a screw driver to flick the tab open. This is really fiddly but just takes some patience.

I cable tied the wire for neatness and to reduce the risk of it rattling.

Refit connectors, gators and battery terminal and give it a test :spotman:

Hope this all makes sense and helps a few people out to get rid of the most annoying feature of the 1 series
M135i F21 pre lci

AndytheGreek
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Retrofit PDC switch to stop the dam beep!

Post by AndytheGreek » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:13 pm

If you have reversing camera, adding the switch is plug and play.
I did this mod for my M2.
2017 M2

neil278

Post by neil278 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:25 pm

AndytheGreek wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:13 pm
If you have reversing camera, adding the switch is plug and play.
I did this mod for my M2.
Yes with rear camera pin 1 wire is present, lucky for some!
M135i F21 pre lci

rdlink

Post by rdlink » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:16 pm

Does anyone know if it's possible to turn off PDC sound without losing the reversing camera? When I turn off PDC my camera is disabled. I have a narrow, tandem garage, and PDC goes nuts until I am out of the garage.

Return to “How To's”