Baby BMW Forum banner

Maxton splitter and blades

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Dange20 
#1 ·
Hey all looking for some advice on how to fit the splitter and blades? Do they both need gluing? With tiger seal? Or will the bolts provided be ok?

#2 ·
I didn't fit my splitter ( I'm useless ) but I believe it was 14 bolts and it's solid as a rock! I couldn't watch my 3 day old bumper being drilled but was all good in the end.

#3 ·
Did they use adhesive aswell as bolts? I want to fit it myself but just need to no what to use or do?

#4 ·
I don't believe they did. Rear spoiler cap and splitter were on within a couple of hours

#5 ·
What did they use for the spoiler cap to fit? I just want to fit the blades and splitter myself but dont want tonwait 24hours for me not being able to drive my car?

#6 ·
They used the adhesive that it came with. I drove it hone a couple of hours after it was all fitted. Spoiler cap is also solid

#7 ·
You dont happen to no what adhesive they used? Also do u no if i have to adhesive the side blades as well as screw them or is screwing them enough? They are the maxton blades that come with screws or bolts? I no you should glue the splitter sometimes?

#8 ·
Not sure about the sill extensions as mine are M Performance ones ( little slimmer ) and they were fitted by BMW before I collected. Pretty certain the splitter wasn't glued , just bolted and it's absolutely fine, no dramas. The reason I say that is that I work in a main dealer ( non BMW ) and a couple of techs were holding it in place while it was bolted so don't think glue was used.

#9 ·
Ahh right i see, ive managed to fit the side blades myself was abit of a pain when your on your own, not got the courage just yet to fit the splitter, as dont want to mess it up!

#11 ·
The splitter is bolted, found it much easier to take off the bumper, flip it over, mock up placement with tape, then drill some holes where you feel fits well. I didn't use all the hardwear that it came with, I think I used 9/10 out of the 14 or 15 supplied, its solid, smashed it on a few speed bumps and gone over 150mph (on track of course) and it's sturdy as anything!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.