Baby BMW Forum banner

135i Aftermarket exhaust retrofit to 130i?

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Fritz 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#5 ·
Just a standard 135i backbox will make a big difference to the sound of the 130i and will look better than a custom made job.

This is just a standard 135i backbox on my 125i (same engine as your 130i)

Cost me £50 for the backbox and £40 to have it fitted at an exhaust custom place.

I then had the opportunity to buy a 135i performance backbox which I again got for a bargain. And again £40 to fit. To be honest not that much difference on cold start, but once you open the taps it sounds amazing -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Thanks guys, that helps me a lot with which way to go for some noise..

I must say part of me wants to say ah ****it and get a BMWP box as it does seem to sound good and with the peace of mind that its properly designed to give the best performance as opposed to a 'custom' exhaust with no concern for back pressure for low down torque.

From an economic standpoint I think I might go the 135i box route first, see how that sounds and feels plus its louder still.

Only trouble is finding one.

#7 ·
Twenny said:
Just a standard 135i backbox will make a big difference to the sound of the 130i and will look better than a custom made job.

This is just a standard 135i backbox on my 125i (same engine as your 130i)

Cost me £50 for the backbox and £40 to have it fitted at an exhaust custom place.

I then had the opportunity to buy a 135i performance backbox which I again got for a bargain. And again £40 to fit. To be honest not that much difference on cold start, but once you open the taps it sounds amazing -

Twenny where did you get it fitted for £40? How did they mate it to the centre pipe?

#9 ·
marco_polo said:
I sent Twenny over to FlowTech in East London, iirc.

135i backbox on to a 125i is pretty straightforward as they're both Coupes.
Indeed MP is correct Flowtech in Chadwell Heath.

Not a fancy place but great guys and they know their stuff.

Flowtech Exhausts

Chadwell Heath Industrial Park, Kemp Rd, Dagenham RM8 1SL
020 8586 1717

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.