Get to your PDC unit (water issue)

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

stevesurrey
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Get to your PDC unit (water issue)

Postby stevesurrey » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:30 pm

Is the comfort pack module the same as the PDC module ? They would seem to do different things or am I confused ?
E81 120D (N47) SE+Dynamic Package, 2007/57, M Sports Suspension, Montego Blue, Pro HU+HiFi Speakers & Dipstick

Mil300

Postby Mil300 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Anyone have any idea what could be causing the front/back parking distance control not to be working?

Octavius
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Postby Octavius » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:57 am

Mil300 wrote:Anyone have any idea what could be causing the front/back parking distance control not to be working?

Have you read through the last 17 pages :lol:

binocular
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby binocular » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:49 pm

My rear PDC system has become a nuisance the last week or so. Sometimes works perfectly other times loud tone and red distance marker usually from one but occasionally 2 sensor positions as though there was an obstruction behind when there clearly isn't! Sometimes alarm and red marker persists for several seconds even when car put in DRIVE. PDC unit or faulty sensors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alpine White F20 M135i, auto, adaptive

scw02102

Postby scw02102 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:04 pm

useful thread but still havent fixed my issue

My 120d parking sensor errors on the dash and light flashes on the button when I engage reverse. I checked my PDC and was dry but still ordered a new one from ebay that apparently is perfect, the model numbers match perfectly and came from the same 120d as mine.

Plugged in tonight still no luck exactly the same issue.

Any ideas what to test next? I have also listen for the clicking noise on the sensors from the bumper but cant hear anything at all, also I have checked both fuses and both are fine

What next.....????
thanks in advance

FirBim
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Postby FirBim » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:50 am

This relates to 5 series cars, but interesting perhaps -

"More than 300,000 BMW owners will soon be eligible to claim their portion of a $478 million settlement over allegations that a design defect resulted in water damage to electrical components in vehicles’ trunks.

Reuters reports that the settlement, filed in U.S. District Court in New York last week, resolves a class-action lawsuit that claimed the carmaker knew for years about an issue in the affected vehicles that could cause water damage, interferring with the vehicle’s electrical components including lights, speedometer, and wipers, but did nothing to address the problem.

According to the settlement, which covers owners of model year 2004 to 2010 BMW 5 Series vehicles, customers claim the carmaker became aware in 2004 that many of its vehicles contained either a clogged sunroof drainage tube or other issues that allowed water to enter the trunk area. If this occurred, the electrical components located in the spare wheel well could become damaged."

https://consumerist.com/2017/02/08/bmw- ... aged-cars/
2010 E87 120d M Sport, Le Mans Blue

Cabbage Patch
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Postby Cabbage Patch » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:49 pm

The PDC in my 2012 F10 520d has gone screwy this week. I'll take a look in the boot for the module but before I do can anyone point me to where it lives in an F10?

Off topic on BabyBMW I know but this forum's much more active than any 5 series one.
Estoril Blue F20 M140i

Return to “How To's”