Cruise control retrofit

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

Wibbles
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Re: Cruise control retrofit

Post by Wibbles » Tue May 30, 2017 6:53 am

you only need to code DSC & Kombi.

use Tool 32 to reset the steering angle sensor, DIS is difficult to set up & get working. Search this thread for instructions on how to use Tool32.
F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

SupernoodlesRS

Post by SupernoodlesRS » Tue May 30, 2017 1:26 pm

Wibbles wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 6:53 am

use Tool 32 to reset the steering angle sensor, DIS is difficult to set up & get working. Search this thread for instructions on how to use Tool32.
Oh perfect I have that installed already, will give it a go - thanks :)

Wibbles

Post by Wibbles » Tue May 30, 2017 1:43 pm

SupernoodlesRS wrote:
Wibbles wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 6:53 am

Oh perfect I have that installed already, will give it a go - thanks :)
Make sure the front wheels are straight as well as the steering wheel before running the steering angle job.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

F21 M135i - AW CR - lots of options.
Coding for all BMW's: Enquiries@BRdiagnostics.co.uk
Please visit my BabyBMW sponsors section: Here

bung206

Post by bung206 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:44 am

I've got an E82 135i (N55). I've been wanting to fit CC for a while - I decided to check RealOEM to see if hte part fits. There are many part numbers - which one is the best fit for my car? They're all available on Ebay. My car has rain sensing wipers so I need the cruise control part with the button on the end you can press with an "A" & a green light on the wiper end,

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/partxre ... &q=9110887

What does "Exchangable retrospectively" mean in this context? Also, there's 9 part numbers total - which one do I want? Shall I just pick the newest one? But the newest one (61319169072 (12/31/2007 ---) says it is "nonexchangeable retrospectively". What does this mean? Would be appreciated if someone can tell me the part # to buy!

supercati

Post by supercati » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 pm

Hello!

I attempted to this today... physical part, easy and simple.

Then I coded everything: $540 to CAS and NFRM, and then the other part to KOMBI and DSC. Later with Tool32 calibration. No errors on dash... buuuut, it's not working. Stalks doesn't work now! Just BC anf MFSW works, every other thing doesn't work: blinkers, wipers, tempomat.

I checked connections twice, they are all ok. I exchanged the steering angle sensor with my old one... same thing, doesn't work.

I thing I might be doing something wrong with coding: when I do $540 tp CAS and NFRM with the FA_WRITE its clear what to do, but what exactly should I code and how after this? How and what exactly should I code to KOMBI and DSC?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:
I went to my original setup: no Tempomat, and it works well... so either I'm not doing good coding, or the tempomat I used is not valid?

Tempomat I used: 9123051
130i E81 2007 LHD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic / Boston Terra - CDV Delete - 135i ESD with resonator delete - LED Blacklines - RIP

130i E81 2008 LHD - LSE - Work in progress

supercati

Post by supercati » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:25 am

Update on my previous message:

Installed tempomat stalks.
Added FA/VO $540
FA_WRITE to CAS and NFRM
SG_CODIEREN to CAS, NFRM, KOMBI, DSC
Tool32 to clear errors.

They just don't work. No blinkers, no wipers, no tempomat. BC and MFSW controls worked fine however.

Went back to my stock setup and deleting $540 and everything works fine as before (but no Tempomat :cry: ).

An user from here (thanks!) told me that probably the stalks I bought are probably defective, and there's nothing to do with them... so I will buy another ones and try again in some weeks, and post update on here :)
130i E81 2007 LHD - Sparkling Graphite Metallic / Boston Terra - CDV Delete - 135i ESD with resonator delete - LED Blacklines - RIP

supercati

Post by supercati » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:31 am

Another update:

Bought stalks with part number: 9123043

Installed tempomat stalks.
Added FA/VO $540
FA_WRITE to CAS and NFRM
SG_CODIEREN to CAS, NFRM, KOMBI, DSC
Tool32 to clear errors.

---> Tempomat working perfect! :D :D
This post is very useful when doing this retrofit! - Thanks @clarker63

Now, just a final question: my new tempomat stalks work perfect, but the blinker stalk it's way much "harder" than my previous stock one. I need to do more effort/force to activate the blinkers without comfort touch.
It is possible to swap just this stalk from my NON-Tempomat stalks to my new Tempomat stalks?

teeb

Post by teeb » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:36 pm

jammy78 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2016 3:28 pm
Just to show pics of the fault:

What I think has happened - the slip ring had done a few rotations & the ribbon was at the max prior to install (ie you can only turn the steering wheel so much before you lock).

So when I installed the part & turned the wheel, the ribbon broke (I actually hear it snap but at the time, didn't know what it was).

Anyway - To all..... prior to install, I'd take the cover off & just ensure it hasn't been rotated too many time, otherwise this will happen to you!
Hello everybody,

The exact same thing just happened to me.
I've fitted the new MFSW + slip ring w/ CC stalk (2006 e87) yesterday and today as I was manoeuvering to park I heard a strange noise but I didn't realise at the time. Later when I picked up my car I noticed that the steering wheel wasn't lit and the button weren't responding.
I haven't taken off my steering wheel yet but I'm pretty sure it's gonna look exactly like jammy78's. I'm very disappointed. :cry:
Wibbles said something about repairing the ribbon cable, how exactly? Cheers
E87 118d 2006 - added MFSW + CC & LCI tail lights

Return to “How To's”