Fitting M Sport Rear Bumper

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, babybmwadmin, Lambster

linkun575
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Fitting M Sport Rear Bumper

Post by linkun575 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have been searching the forum but haven't really found anything yet. Does anyone have a step by step guide on how to fit the M sport rear bumper? My car is pre facelift 2004.

Thanks,
My Car- 116i

Mods- M6 wheels, stubby aerial, black grilles, silver indicator bulbs, led number plate bulbs.

linkun575
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Fitting M Sport Rear Bumper

Post by linkun575 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:29 pm

Oh right ok thank you for the quick reply. Yeah seems pretty straightforward. I had a look under the car today and saw all the screws which you are referring to, whilst I was messing around removing the pdc unit. May just look to fit the bumper myself as it seems reasonably easy to do.

Thanks
My Car- 116i

Mods- M6 wheels, stubby aerial, black grilles, silver indicator bulbs, led number plate bulbs.

linkun575
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: Fitting M Sport Rear Bumper

Post by linkun575 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Oh right cool i'll bear that in mind thanks. So is it just simply undoing all the screws then pulling the bumper off? Then with the new bumper will it just fit perfectly into place? Sorry if I am asking stupid questions, not really done much modding before so I need as much help as I can get.
My Car- 116i

Return to “How To's”