Baby BMW Forum banner

Removing the DPF ? Full new exhaust ?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  marco_polo 
#1 ·
Hi guys im wanting to remove the DPF of my 2007 123D Coupe, i wanted to have a full exhaust system made but the guy whos making it seems to think i need to leave the DPF in and knock the insides out of it, i want to cut it out completley?

I will be mapping it straight after aswell.

Any help appriciated, Ty

#5 ·
tblandy said:
Mapping is already organised.

And i dont want to buy a kit i want a full exhaust making back to front but wanted to know weather to remove the DPF completley or just knock the insides out of it?
what ever you do you will need the sensors to be left in place,if you knock out the filter you must put a pipe inside the dpf or it will make a booming noise when you are giving it some,if you buy a replacement pipe with the bosses in place for the sensors then it will cost £250 ish and you could sell your dpf (£1200ish from the stealers )on ebay.

#6 ·
tblandy said:
Mapping is already organised.

And i dont want to buy a kit i want a full exhaust making back to front but wanted to know weather to remove the DPF completley or just knock the insides out of it?
You also need software to tell the engine managment to stop trying regenerating (will do that at default nr of miles without high backpressure), otherwise it will generate fault codes and send diesel straight through the exhaust.

Removing the whole dpf is smarter, all in all less costly then modifying it, it's worth quite some and if you ever need to put it back...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.