Baby BMW Forum banner

How to: Install Parrot CK3000 & Connects2

89K views 116 replies 34 participants last post by  PJB120d 
#1 ·
Hi,

Well i bought a 2008 BMW 1 Series M-Sport and it has a business stereo and no bluetooth!!! Really annoying not having bluetooth, especially having the buttons on the steering wheel! After doing some research on here and help from member barneyrubble, i worked out what was needed. Theres no complete guide on here, so hopefully this will save some members some time having to trawl through douzens of threads! This setup will give you Bluetooth functionality with the MFSW controls, and will leave nothing on show apart from the microphone.

1) Whats needed. A Parrot CK3000 evo, im not sure if other Parrots modules do work, but i knew this one would work. ALso required is a Connects2 CTPPAR009 parrot interface device. I ordered both of these on ebay, cost about £95 in total.

2) First thing to do is to remove the airconditioning controls, im doing this on my facelift model, i think the pre-facelift is pretty similar. I used my driving license to slowly pry the panel out (but any credit card etc would work). I started at the top right hand side, and kind of dragged the card along the top panel slowly releasing it. Ive then managed to wiggle the right hand side out then it kind of just popped out.

3) This will reveal two philips head screws, at the bottom of the corners of the headunit, which hold it in place. Simply unscrew these (take care that they dont drop down into the dash). Then you'll need to pull the stereo out. Some say you should remove the dash trim that goes along the centre console and passenger side, but i didnt bother. So pull the stereo out.

4) You now need to disconnect the main ISO (???) cable from the back of the stereo. There is a little locking clasp on this, you need to turn to release it.

***This in in the unlcoked possition.

5) Now youve done this you need to get your Connects2 cable out, there are two cables in the pack you need to get the bigger one out. The cable is in a kind of Y shape.
Plug the one end into the wiring loom from the car in:

then the other end into the back of the stereo:
The final end of the cable goes into the silver Connects2 box :

6) Now if you get the Blue parrot box out, plug the cables into this. You can attach the parrot switch to end calls if you want (i didnt at first then somehow ended up changing the language on the parrot box to French which was a nightmare to change back, and i had to temporarily connect the parrot switch to change it back)

Then plug the other end of the cable to the silver connects2 box, completing the wiring.

7) I then put the microphone cable into the Parrot box and ran it through into the passenger footwell (there is a hole you can thread it through near to the hinges on the glove box).

:cool2: Then comes the tricky bit fitting everything back in. Ive not taken any pictures of this, as they wouldnt really help. You just need to play around and be patient. There is space for the cables near the glove box and behind the panel for the aircin controls which will help!

9) Connect all the trim back and bobs your uncle! Complete!

10)

Some of my neighbours cars in car park of my block of flats:

New 1 Series, still not impressed by the looks :(

Dan

See less See more
#102 ·
puffnut said:
Hi Everyone

I have a few questions

I've bought the parrot CK3000 and thats arrived however its got ISO connectors not BMW ones, this means i'm going to have to get an adapter. No one else seems to be needing this from what I've seen, did you all get specific BMW ones? I have a 2007 3 door 120d with a professional head unit. does anyone know what adapter I should get?

The other question is about the steering wheel controls. I've bought the T1 Audio T1-CTPPAR006 steering wheel adapter, which is the same as the connects 2 i think. does it literally just plug in or do you have to wire anything up to the steering wheel, because currently the call buttons on the steering wheel are effectively redundant, or are they wired up but nothing can utilise them on non bluetooth head unit?

Thanks
Post some pictures up of the parts you have and where are you located.

#103 ·
#109 ·
Hey guys.

I will try to wake up this little old discussion, because I have problem exactly with this system.

So, I have BMW E87 116d year 2011 with Bussines radio and buttons on steering wheel. I mounted Parrot CK3000 EVO with Connects2 CTPPAR009. Everything was working fine until I startup the car/engine. Few seconds after startup all pointers inside dashboard starts ticking/flickering like they want to turn off and next second board computer has all possible alarms (ABS, Brakes, Oil, Service request etc.). It seems like Connects2 disturb CAN comunication between engine, ABS and BC control electronics. I try to plug out Parrot and start engine again only with Connects2 module and radio and was the same issue. Problem and all alarms dissapear only after I completely remove Connects2 module and Y adapter with wires.

Symptoms are like this one:

I send CTPPAR009 back to Connects2 and they said it is quite old interface, but there was not so many problems with them. And they cannot explain to me what is wrong - they just suppouse it is probably reason in my BMW?!?! :?

Does anyone have problem like this? I'm electronic engineer, this things are very close to me. CTPPAR009 power up with car CAN bus. If I plug out this CAN wire of course interface was not working, but also problem dissapear. So, where is the problem then? In BMW or CTPPAR009??

I send interface back and accept refund. Now I have only Parrot and don't know what to do?

Any suggestion is very wellcome!

Regards,
johnny

#110 ·
johnny21 said:
Hey guys.

I will try to wake up this little old discussion, because I have problem exactly with this system.

So, I have BMW E87 116d year 2011 with Bussines radio and buttons on steering wheel. I mounted Parrot CK3000 EVO with Connects2 CTPPAR009. Everything was working fine until I startup the car/engine. Few seconds after startup all pointers inside dashboard starts ticking/flickering like they want to turn off and next second board computer has all possible alarms (ABS, Brakes, Oil, Service request etc.). It seems like Connects2 disturb CAN comunication between engine, ABS and BC control electronics. I try to plug out Parrot and start engine again only with Connects2 module and radio and was the same issue. Problem and all alarms dissapear only after I completely remove Connects2 module and Y adapter with wires.

Symptoms are like this one:

I send CTPPAR009 back to Connects2 and they said it is quite old interface, but there was not so many problems with them. And they cannot explain to me what is wrong - they just suppouse it is probably reason in my BMW?!?! :?

Does anyone have problem like this? I'm electronic engineer, this things are very close to me. CTPPAR009 power up with car CAN bus. If I plug out this CAN wire of course interface was not working, but also problem dissapear. So, where is the problem then? In BMW or CTPPAR009??

I send interface back and accept refund. Now I have only Parrot and don't know what to do?

Any suggestion is very wellcome!

Regards,
johnny
Try a different interface? Is it all wired up correctly as per the manual/guide?

#111 ·
Hi,

yes it was wired correctly as per manual. I send CTPPAR009 back to seller and he sned it to Connects2 for inspection, where they confirmed (to me and seller also) that interface is okay, but they cannot test it because they don't have same model of BMW nad also this model is out of production.

Now I'm thinking to buy and try CTPPAR006.

Regards,
Johnny

#112 ·
Hello, I had the same problem after installing connects2, although it took half day before the problems start to appear, and the soft troubleshooting was to off the engine and remove the key, but finally I gave up and remove the kit. By the way I have a E90 2009 and I have remove the original Business unit, and replaced with a 2007 professional unit without having it coded....any advice???? Please

#114 ·
Okay, I received CTPPAR006, installed and buttons on steering wheel are dead - totally (no vol. up & down, no answer, no redial). If I remove CTPPAR006 and connect back only radio as it is then buttons (volume up and down) working normally.

Now I will try another CTPPAR009, but I think something is on CAN :?

Any help or advice is very wellcome!

#115 ·
Holy mother of God... just tried this install yesterday... does Connects2 think you are going to be installing the box in a different post code?

How stupid.

After trying multiple times to get it all crammed in I managed to pull the wire out of the Fakra connector so am going to have to get that fixed now before I can finish the install.

FFS.

#116 ·
All sorted and works like a charm in true stealth OEM look fashion. No remote needed and all looks standard install... thanks for the guides and tips... they were a big help.

#117 ·
Very useful fitting guide, after some time finally got it all out without breaking anything. I did end up taking the long thin dashboard trim piece off too, found this really helped.

Now all fitted I seem to be getting exactly the same issue as johnny21. I've tried it with both my standard fitted business radio, and a professional unit I was hoping to fit at the same time. The same result occurs with both, Red service light on and off, rev needle and fuel gauge intermittently dip to zero. It's a mid 2011 E81 for reference.

I'm just hoping somebody else might have had this problem and has solved it, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.