Baby BMW Forum banner

Dash Storage and Nav Template

E8x 
12K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Munster 
#1 ·
All,

User provided me with a template for the E8x Dash Storage and Nav.

He states that it is just larger than A3.
If someone asked for the file to be printed on A3 the template would be too small.

It can be found
Obviously cutting up your dashboard is something you do at your own risk etc.

I suggest reaching out to him for further questions.

Motley2012, feel free to advise in this topic.

thanks

#2 ·
nav template? how and what?

do any one know the measured of the hole?

#3 ·
Hi,

Just a quick question:

Will this retrofit work in a pre LCI car?

Just want to be sure I'm not going to slice into anything unexpected when I take the tool to the dashboard.

Also, the retrofit kit comes with a bit of cabling, is that for a light? I assume there isn't a convenient connector just sitting there under the dash waiting to be plugged into... is there?

Thanks

#7 ·
babybmwadmin said:
All,

User provided me with a template for the E8x Dash Storage and Nav.

He states that it is just larger than A3.
If someone asked for the file to be printed on A3 the template would be too small.
There is a part # for this template and it costs 92p :
Code:
Initially I decided to use the template too and now that I have both I can confirm they are actually identical, no need to make it larger than A3 (I printed it on A3 without magnification/minification.

TL;DR : Get the 92p template from a BMW dealer as it is much cheaper (unless you have an A3 printer!) and it comes in sticky paper (having said that mine came from Germany, so may not be in stock from UK dealers)

To state the obvious, I will not be held liable if something goes wrong with cutting your dash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.