Baby BMW Forum banner

Carly for idrive 5.0

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Plantjuk 
#1 ·
I have the pro app with wifi gen 2, using on a m240i. The app is showing the idrive coding as greyed out and seems to suggest that these functions are not available yet for the idrive system (though somewhat confusing also seems to want me to buy a £15 idrive app?). Emailed Carly a couple of days ago, not response as yet.

Anybody?

#3 ·
I also have a Carly and pro app. Yes id does not code the idrive at this time but I read on their web that it is being tested and will soon be out, cross fingers.

However, I do not like to use it to code. When I first used the app (this is extremely important), I followed the direction to save and make a backup of the ECU coding on the first time connecting it to my car. At the time, it can only code 3 ecu's and one of them is the FEM.

I fired up the ap and did some changes and coded the FEM. Once finished, I noticed that the footwell lights and the ambience lighting are turned off. I checked again what I did and I know that I did not switch anything regarding the footwell lighting and ambience lighting. I checked and recheck and code and recode to no avail. At the end, I use the backup to restore the FEM back to how it was and used ESYS to do what I wanted to do. I never use Carly to code, only to back up and clear some errors when I don't feel firing up ISTA.

So be careful and make sure you backup the ECU you read and wants to code.

#4 ·
Raygbmw1 said:
I also have a Carly and pro app. Yes id does not code the idrive at this time but I read on their web that it is being tested and will soon be out, cross fingers.

However, I do not like to use it to code. When I first used the app (this is extremely important), I followed the direction to save and make a backup of the ECU coding on the first time connecting it to my car. At the time, it can only code 3 ecu's and one of them is the FEM.

I fired up the ap and did some changes and coded the FEM. Once finished, I noticed that the footwell lights and the ambience lighting are turned off. I checked again what I did and I know that I did not switch anything regarding the footwell lighting and ambience lighting. I checked and recheck and code and recode to no avail. At the end, I use the backup to restore the FEM back to how it was and used ESYS to do what I wanted to do. I never use Carly to code, only to back up and clear some errors when I don't feel firing up ISTA.

So be careful and make sure you backup the ECU you read and wants to code.
Thanks for the confirmation re idrive. I did receive an email back from the company sort of apologising that they were having difficulty at this time in supporting due to staff illness...

On footwell lights, are these only supposed to come on when the door is opened, or are they supposed to stay on after the door is closed. They stayed on my VW (and you could set their brightness). I'm hoping this isn't a similar sort of issue to the one you've noted (though the ambience lighting works okay).

#5 ·
My f20 and f48 footwell lights up when I open the door or when I unlock using the key. It stays for about 20 secs. I believe that the lights intensity can be coded in FEM but I have not Investigated this just yet. I am, at this point busy in collating information about retrofitting Kafas Camera and the Driver Assist option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Raygbmw1 said:
My f20 and f48 footwell lights up when I open the door or when I unlock using the key. It stays for about 20 secs. I believe that the lights intensity can be coded in FEM but I have not Investigated this just yet. I am, at this point busy in collating information about retrofitting Kafas Camera and the Driver Assist option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, a very quick search seems to suggest that the footwell lights extinguish once the doors re closed, and I've not noticed any other issues that might suggest a problem (though I remain nervous when coding!!). There doesn't appear to be a coding option for footwell lights in carly for the F series (least, F22), though of course the option could be available in other sorts of coding.

#7 ·
I have the carly app but recently found the bimmercode app. It has an expert function so you can code pretty much anything you want. I've coded enhanced Bluetooth and office function plus a lot of other stuff. The bimmercode app is much better in my opinion and allows access to the idrive/sat nav at no extra cost. Have a look at this thread I started.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.