Baby BMW Forum banner

New 120d owner

3K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  GeorgeRochE82 
#1 ·
Hi I've recently purchased a 120d se and looking at any tips etc on general maintaining it so far I've changed the air filter ,oil and filter, diff oil , gearbox oil, breather filter. Car has high mileage with not much history so I done these things for piece of mind realy as I pay trade and do it all myself so not much outlay. Is there anything else recommended to change on these car? I've had a few 3 & 5 series but this my 1st 1 series. I've also painted the kidney grills satin black to match the mv3 alloys.are there any exterior mods to update it or make it look bit more sporty? Thanks for any feedback :)

#5 ·
Sorry forgot to add the 1st thing I done was clean the egr and was very surprised It was pretty clean I had a 525d m couple months back with 75k and the egr was all clogged up. What's people's opinion on painting brake callipers ? I love the blue but will it look tacky?

#15 ·
HypoxicWaiter said:
marco_polo said:
HypoxicWaiter said:
Will that custom copper pipe restrictor sit in the opening snuggly without any extra materials?
It will. The opening is slightly tapered so it definitely can't go anywhere.
Thanks! I'll give that a go! Any MOT implications?
None, as long as the hole is big enough. If you're worried, go for a 9 or 10mm hole.

Absolute worst case it's completely reversible, yank it back out in about 5 minutes.

#16 ·
marco_polo said:
Must be mapped out to avoid a permanent EML. A restrictor does the same job though, keeps the EGR body nice and clean.

Made mine from a 22mm copper plumbing pipe cap. 8 or 9mm hole drilled through:

Which then fits in here:

Is this restrictor mod only for the M47 or can it be done to the N47 also?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.