Baby BMW Forum banner

VIDEO GUIDE - Turn-Key digital gauges using an old Smartphone

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jordan 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

The iDrive gauges are cool and all, but what if you want to see critical information about your engine performance such as Oil and Coolant Temp, Boost pressure etc?

What about data logging? How about even a complete media centre solution right at your finguretips while you drive.

Here's my solution.....

#2 ·
Boosted Autos said:
Hi guys,

The iDrive gauges are cool and all, but what if you want to see critical information about your engine performance such as Oil and Coolant Temp, Boost pressure etc?

What about data logging? How about even a complete media centre solution right at your finguretips while you drive.

Here's my solution.....
I've got to say, i love this idea. Especially with the maps (my car has no nav) and the gauges are a bonus.

i was looking for a slightly different solution, but used your video as a major source of info, so cheers for that :D

i wanted to use my own phone as it would be risky to leave a phone in the car around these parts :lol2:, but i really didn't want to plug in and out each time, and also didn't want it to be fixed in the car (admittedly yours looks more integrated into the interior than mine!)

my solution was to use a wireless charger/hands free kit (newish phone only i suppose), straight from the 12v socket, and used the same set up as your video with the llama app to pick up the wireless charging and switch over to car launcher and put the phone into car mode.

This is the wireless charging mount I used.

again thanks for the awesome vid!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.