Baby BMW Forum banner

Retrofit Cruise Control

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  acanais59 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm looking to retrofit cruise control in my 116i e87 2008, I was just wondering if i get the stalker, slip ring, lower cover all installed without the coding straight away can i still drive normally? also what about the other way around theres no way of coding for it before installing? any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
It will drive without coding, but without getting the steering angle sensor reset, you wont have some of the safety features (E.g. DSC), and the steering wont self-centre (and not sure, but I dont think indicators will self cancel). I wouldnt want to drive for too long like that, and would want to be careful.

No idea if coding beforehand would work, or throw up any errors if the parts arent there.

Fitted mine and drove 20 miles to someone with kit for coding it, as I didnt have confidence at the time.

#3 ·
Do you need MFSW? Where abouts are you?

I have a set of cruise stalks without MSFW I can fit for you (if you want help and are local enough) with lower cover that Wibbles can code remotely for you or I can give it a bash, but I am not in the same league as him and would prefer you had him do it. I did mine more by trial and luck :)
I have the cables and laptop set up etc. For him to connect to as well.

I was just about to start taking photos and listing them.

I also have a set with MFSW, but I think they are faulty as I can't get the DSC code error to clear.

The non MFSW ones clear perfectly though.

#4 ·
You can code beforehand and it will have no ill effect, however, you will still need to reset the DSC after fitting which is a 2 minute job.

#5 ·
Cabbie said:

I have a set of cruise stalks without MSFW I can fit for you (if you want help and are local enough) with lower cover that Wibbles can code remotely for you or I can give it a bash, but I am not in the same league as him and would prefer you had him do it. I did mine more by trial and luck :)

I also have a set with MFSW, but I think they are faulty as I can't get the DSC code error to clear.

Im in East London don't mind travelling a little bit, I dont know if i need MFSW what is that??? if i dont need it i will happily come to you for the part and fitting then ask wibbles to code it.

#6 ·
It is the multifunction steering wheel... The volume buttons etc.

To be specific... This one is:
Non-auto wipers
Yes rear wiper
Non auto headlights
Non-MFSW

I do have another one that is MFSW, but I couldn't get the DSC code to clear, so either I am doing something stupid or it is faulty, which I am told is quite common. If someone wants a bash using that one, willing to let that one go really cheap, but no guarantees on that one.

The Non-MFSW one code clears just fine.

#9 ·
Cabbie said:

I have a set of cruise stalks without MSFW I can fit for you (if you want help and are local enough) with lower cover that Wibbles can code remotely for you or I can give it a bash, but I am not in the same league as him and would prefer you had him do it . I did mine more by trial and luck :)

Cool d'avoir partagé toute cette information avec nous. Merci beaucoup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.