How To Install Double Din Head Unit (E8x) Alpine ILX-700

This section shows how to carry out modifications to your 1 Series. Please remember that if you are modifying your car to take photo's at each step and document the mod in here.
Please read the announcement at the top of the section before posting.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

SupernoodlesRS

How To Install Double Din Head Unit (E8x) Alpine ILX-700

Post by SupernoodlesRS » Mon May 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Hey Guys,

I personally installed an Alpine ILX-700 as I wanted Apple Car Play - In my opinion I think this is a much easier and cost effective method then installing iDrive which was an option I looked at originally.

I couldn't find a guide anywhere on installing a double din head unit and so as I have done this I have just typed one up and the link is here:https://www.mediafire.com/?uo9zn4lvf20g2kd

My car ended up like this as a finished result which I was quite pleased with:

I have taken a lot of advice from this forum and have successfully installed and coded cruise control into my car as a result I felt it was important to give a guide back so I hope this helps some of you members out!

Feel free to comment or PM me any queries!

Giggs
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Re: How To Install Double Din Head Unit (E8x) Alpine ILX-700

Post by Giggs » Mon May 29, 2017 9:43 pm

Looks great, I skimmed over the guide and it looks very professional, good job man I bet loads of people will do this now with help of your guide.
2008 E87 116i N43 - 130i Back box, Cruise Control Retrofit, M Sport Steering Wheel, Gear knob and Handbrake, BMWP Grills, Professional Radio, Smoked repeaters, Stubby Ariel, Black and White Badges.

SupernoodlesRS

Post by SupernoodlesRS » Mon May 29, 2017 10:43 pm

Giggs wrote:
Mon May 29, 2017 9:43 pm
Looks great, I skimmed over the guide and it looks very professional, good job man I bet loads of people will do this now with help of your guide.

drassini

Post by drassini » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:09 am

that's pretty much exactly what I am about to do. Did you use a kit to retain the pdc noise etc or did you buy a full fitting kit? if so which one can you remember? Lastly did you instal a reverse camera? I was planning on doing that while I was changing stereo too. (mine is a 2010 e82 if that matters)

SupernoodlesRS

Post by SupernoodlesRS » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:06 am

drassini wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:09 am
that's pretty much exactly what I am about to do. Did you use a kit to retain the pdc noise etc or did you buy a full fitting kit? if so which one can you remember? Lastly did you instal a reverse camera? I was planning on doing that while I was changing stereo too. (mine is a 2010 e82 if that matters)
Hi Mate!

Okay so I managed to keep the PDC noise, this is part of the wiring kit that I bought - however it comes out of a separate speaker and is a lot quieter than the standard noise which comes out the cars speakers. I personally didn't fit a reversing camera but it wouldn't be hard - the alpine unit I have has a wire on its loom for a feed into it so if you wanted to add this it would be pretty simple!

Good luck bud!

Return to “How To's”