Baby BMW Forum banner

How To Install Double Din Head Unit (E8x) Alpine ILX-700

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  lukeallison 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

I personally installed an Alpine ILX-700 as I wanted Apple Car Play - In my opinion I think this is a much easier and cost effective method then installing iDrive which was an option I looked at originally.

I couldn't find a guide anywhere on installing a double din head unit and so as I have done this I have just typed one up and the link is here:
My car ended up like this as a finished result which I was quite pleased with:

I have taken a lot of advice from this forum and have successfully installed and coded cruise control into my car as a result I felt it was important to give a guide back so I hope this helps some of you members out!

Feel free to comment or PM me any queries!

#4 ·
that's pretty much exactly what I am about to do. Did you use a kit to retain the pdc noise etc or did you buy a full fitting kit? if so which one can you remember? Lastly did you instal a reverse camera? I was planning on doing that while I was changing stereo too. (mine is a 2010 e82 if that matters)

#5 ·
drassini said:
that's pretty much exactly what I am about to do. Did you use a kit to retain the pdc noise etc or did you buy a full fitting kit? if so which one can you remember? Lastly did you instal a reverse camera? I was planning on doing that while I was changing stereo too. (mine is a 2010 e82 if that matters)
Hi Mate!

Okay so I managed to keep the PDC noise, this is part of the wiring kit that I bought - however it comes out of a separate speaker and is a lot quieter than the standard noise which comes out the cars speakers. I personally didn't fit a reversing camera but it wouldn't be hard - the alpine unit I have has a wire on its loom for a feed into it so if you wanted to add this it would be pretty simple!

Good luck bud!

#6 ·
Good guide man! I recently fitted an alpine ine-w987d in my e82 with the aid of it.

I also had hardly any sound coming the speaker for the warning sounds etc and when I checked it out noticed there was another socket on the speaker, swapped into that one and got way better volume.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.