F20 - Cruise control failure error

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster

steve12345
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

F20 - Cruise control failure error

Post by steve12345 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:39 am

Hi Guys,

Lately I've been getting "Cruise Control Failure/Error" or something along those lines pop up on the Idrive screen and dash.

It kind of appears and then goes away after a little while, but it is keeps re-appearing over the past two weeks, this is when I'm non even using cruise control.

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas what it could be?

The car has just come out of its warranty annoyingly. Do you reckon bmw will charge me to diagnose the fault now? or should they have a look and only charge me to repair if it needs?

Thanks

GonzaloG

Re: F20 - Cruise control failure error

Post by GonzaloG » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am

Hey steve12345,

I'm just wondering if you managed to get this one fixed with your car? I have the same exact issue as you had and mine even comes up with a speed limiter message (appears right after the cruise control message).

It's been happening for about a month now. There are days where it doesn't appear at all and others where I'd lost count how many times it's appeared in a single day!

I've booked a diagnosis for 3rd August but thought I'd ask you if you have some useful information! Looking through the internet, you seem to be the only one with the same exact issue as me.

Cheers,
Gonzalo

AP1
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: F20 - Cruise control failure error

Post by AP1 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:29 pm

There's not much to go wrong on the cruise control. It's controlled by the engine ecu. Inputs from steering wheel switches and clutch and brake switches.

Return to “BMW Problems”