Good independent garage in the Manchester area?

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, Rich196

lapseofsanity

Good independent garage in the Manchester area?

Post by lapseofsanity » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Can anyone recommend a decent independent garage in the Manchester area? I've got a knocking in the steering of my '13 plate 118D. Doesn't seem to be affecting the handling, and it's most obvious at low speeds and just from the wheel itself rather than anywhere else but I'd like to get it looked at.

Williams in Stockport want to charge me £85 plus VAT just to even look at it.

Thanks
Mark

Gez

Re: Good independent garage in the Manchester area?

Post by Gez » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:13 pm

Sorry my reply is a bit late but I’ve been using BMTec (‭0161 834 1951‬) in the city centre for about 8 years now. They know their stuff and I’ve always found them to be honest and helpful.
I’m actually going back in there this week for a new brake calliper and maybe a new battery.

Hope you get sorted wherever you take it.
Gez
130i | Sunroof, cruise-control & (most importantly) non-RFT

Pabzy
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Good independent garage in the Manchester area?

Post by Pabzy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:37 am

Couple of places spring to mind with great reviews.

Darren Woods in Stockport - 0161 425 7403
Drury Lane Services in Oldham - 0161 688 7882
(Both just off M60).

Have used both in the past with no issues at all and would definitely recommend. Darren is always busy so expect to wait at least a month before being seen. Always good for non urgent jobs.

Drury Lane did my DMF and clutch for a great price at very short notice. Daz couldn't do it any earlier than 4 week wait!

Google them first if you're not sure and see for yourself.

Good luck.
05 120d. Sydney Blue, Xenons, Black Grills, 18" Deep Dish BBS, Drilled brembos, 2.5" exhaust, Tints, LCI Heated Leather, CDV, Swirl Flaps & EGR gone, M Sport interior goodies, Pro HU, HK Subs & Speakers. Time to make it move! 8)

Return to “BMW Problems”