Baby BMW Forum banner

No audio and no door chime

723 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  J0sephx 
#1 ·
Hi all thanks for letting me join, I recently acquired a 59 plate 116 diesel, my problem is I can't get my stereo to power up, it will power up to eject cds or to take them in and that's it, I have checked the hu and that works 100% and speakers all work fine, there isn't a blown fuse at all anywhere in the car, I noticed that there is a junction box below the fuses but I'm not sure if the stereo has anything to do with the junction box or not, does anyone here know where I should look? The door chime also doesn't work so I'm thinking both problems are linked, any help would be appreciated thanks.

#2 ·
I would say thanks for the help but there hasn't been any :) if anyone has this problem it turned out to be the professional BMW head unit which I sent of to someone, they replaced some board in it, so now everything works even the door chime, I ripped my car apart because I tried other head units in the car which did the same thing as the BMW unit, annoying to say the least so I'm writing this to save other people the trouble

#4 ·
The indicator click, hazard, seatbelt or any door chime doesn't work in my 2006 130i.

Ahh well, means I can drive for more than a second without the seatbelt bong going off!

:redface:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.