Bmw 116i 2006 loss of power

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Rich196, marco_polo, Producethis, Lambster, babybmwadmin

Mradamwiles

Bmw 116i 2006 loss of power

Post by Mradamwiles » Mon May 07, 2018 8:58 am

Hi everyone,

I have been browsing this forum for 2weeks now trying to find out a issue I have with my BMW 1-Series 116i 2006. It’s driving me absolutely crazy as I have not found a solution I’ve had to sign up and create this post so I please hope somebody could help me.

So start from scratch, my car died on me rang up rac got told clutch and flywheel so sent it of to get fixed. As it got fixed received phone call telling me my rear diff is knackered so I brought a recon rear diff, couple of days pass and my car is fixed back to normal so I collect it and everything is fine, (famous last words) after two days of doing about 30-40miles I notice the orange engine light come on and it losing power from pulling of in 1st gear and going into 2nd, I more or less had nothing. Same from 2nd to 3rd and so on. Just complete lack of power. Would barely hit 40-50mph. I took it back to wear I had works done. They plugged it in and told me I need a new 02sensor. Purchased one and let them do the work. Collected car the next day and it was ok for 3miles and the same problem occurred again as above engine light and lack of power. I have now taken it to another garage and it’s been in there for 3weeks and he can’t find a problem. He has cleaned the vanos unit, added a fuel cleaner. He rang me up told me the car has gained power. I went round and test drove it and yes it had gained power but not enough as he should so told him to carry on as I want the car how it should be running. He also mentioned when he puts his hand near the exhaust it is very hot and if he left his hand there it would burn it very quickly. Where as it shouldn’t be that hot he said.

Hope I have explained everything as much as I could and I am so gratefully for anyone that can help, any more info needed just ask me thanks again guys and girls really appreciate it

Return to “BMW Problems”