Common 1 Series Problems

Got a problem with your BMW 1 Series? Post your car problems here and seek advice from fellow car owners.

Moderators: Lambster, Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis

Jimmyrallye
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Re: Common 1 Series Problems

Post by Jimmyrallye » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:05 pm

Had this problem with mine .. I whipped the wheels off and took the abs sensors out the hubs and gave them a clean sensor/hole in hub and it's been fine sinse .... In one of the rear hubs was lots of crud so that was my problem hope this helps

mattjg85

Post by mattjg85 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:09 pm

Great thanks I'll try that and see how it goes. Hopefully it works

marco_polo
Too Much Time To Waste Member
Too Much Time To Waste Member

Post by marco_polo » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:33 pm

Weird one, definitely not a common / known issue. Water in the electrics? :(
Silver F21 M135i - ManBox - HK - Adaptive + Eibach Pro's - BBS CH-R's - 245/35 Goodyear Asym 3's - BMWP Drexler LSD - TMC Piggyback - M4 LCA's - aFe Dry Filter

Please help the Mod's by using the report [ ! ] button where appropriate

mattjg85

Post by mattjg85 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:55 pm

Would this sort of error come up on the ECU as a fault tho as this shows no errors found?

Jimmyrallye
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Jimmyrallye » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:55 pm

No dash lights for me just happened every time I went on motorway and traction control flicked on

donmyhl

Post by donmyhl » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi All

And great post btw

I just got my BMW E87 2009 118d.

I have one question to you which is : When i start the engine there is a noise coming from the interior just above the air vents. My model is the one with the small glove compartment in the dashboard. I have tried to feel if something shakes but even if i apply pressure to the part the noise is still there. There is no noise coming from engine bay.

Please see video : https://youtu.be/2X9GSscOsEQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sprinter_nk

Post by sprinter_nk » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi, I had a similar noise and I couldn't work it out however I realised that it started happening after I had done a service, the problem with mine was that I hadn't clicked the top cover back in properly and it was vibrating on the top panel where the pollen filter is, might be worth just holding that whilst the engine is on

donmyhl

Post by donmyhl » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:53 pm

sprinter_nk wrote:Hi, I had a similar noise and I couldn't work it out however I realised that it started happening after I had done a service, the problem with mine was that I hadn't clicked the top cover back in properly and it was vibrating on the top panel where the pollen filter is, might be worth just holding that whilst the engine is on
Worked ! No more noise

Bmwlel
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Bmwlel » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:54 pm

So, BMW make a car with a problem (clutch judder), then for a simple software update want to charge £120!!!!! I told them in no uncertain terms what I thought of that! I'd rather not have the update
2007 BMW 120D M Sport

Bmwlel
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Bmwlel » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:07 pm

BMW plugged my key into their computer and said my battery level seems ok... So any other reason anyone knows why the stop start would no longer work?

P.s. That's car battery level not key fob battery level.... Clearly the fob holds a lot of info about the cars current state.
2007 BMW 120D M Sport

Bmwlel
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Bmwlel » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:12 pm

Update: for anyone thinking of paying for the software update.... Shop around!

Trainers in Swansea want £120 but Sytner in Cardiff only want £81.90

Clearly some want to rip you off as all they do is plug it in and walk away until done so it's money for nothing for them.
2007 BMW 120D M Sport

Jord_559
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Jord_559 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:51 pm

Bmwlel wrote:BMW plugged my key into their computer and said my battery level seems ok... So any other reason anyone knows why the stop start would no longer work?

P.s. That's car battery level not key fob battery level.... Clearly the fob holds a lot of info about the cars current state.
This could be down to not having the correct car battery fitted? Previous owner told me he put a 'cheaper' alternative in mine, which in turn wouldn't work with the start/stop. His words were 'im an old boy and kept thinking id stalled it' :lol:

Could be worth checking bud.

Bmwlel
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Bmwlel » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:21 pm

Yeah, good point.... Reluctant to spend on a new battery when all else good at mo but will definitely make sure I get right one if and when it's due to replacement.

Just won't go back to Trainer in Swansea as unlike other BMW dealer I'm told they charge £122 per hour for labour! And have a terrible attitude as it seems it's all about the money with them. Didnt even bother replying to a question I sent by email.... Bad company that one, give BMW a bad name.

But on the up side, had my timing chained replaced under warranty so all good now and as they had to remove engine to do it, they had to re gas aircon so instead of warm air I now have ice cold air for free :) just hope it stays that way :)
2007 BMW 120D M Sport

Jord_559
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

Post by Jord_559 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:17 pm

Bmwlel wrote:Yeah, good point.... Reluctant to spend on a new battery when all else good at mo but will definitely make sure I get right one if and when it's due to replacement.

Just won't go back to Trainer in Swansea as unlike other BMW dealer I'm told they charge £122 per hour for labour! And have a terrible attitude as it seems it's all about the money with them. Didnt even bother replying to a question I sent by email.... Bad company that one, give BMW a bad name.

But on the up side, had my timing chained replaced under warranty so all good now and as they had to remove engine to do it, they had to re gas aircon so instead of warm air I now have ice cold air for free :) just hope it stays that way :)
Same as me then, eventually I'll get one should the battery need changing in my ownership!

Mine goes in Monday for its QE or whatever it's called so hopefully mine will be along the same lines!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmwlel
Knowledgeable Member
Knowledgeable Member

Post by Bmwlel » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Spoke to BMW mechanic and he said for stop start to work battery needs to be at 80%

I put multi meter on and it was only showing 12v so that looks like my problem.... Hopefully a new battery will fix that
2007 BMW 120D M Sport

Return to “BMW Problems”