What paint protection

How to look after your paintwork

Moderators: Lambster, Rich196, babybmwadmin, marco_polo, Producethis

M140estoril

What paint protection

Post by M140estoril » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:33 pm

I am going to be collecting my m140i in just over 1 week. I noticed my dealer sneaked in Autoglym lifetime shine (£399) and wheel seal (£99). I declined both when I saw it on my order. I want something else which I prefer to arrange when I get the car home.

I have looked online and have seen Diamondbrite for £260 which includes interior treatment to carpets and leather upholstery. I don't want to spend my life cleaning the car and was hoping someone could recommend a detailed/protection product. TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crafty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: What paint protection

Post by Crafty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:16 pm

Find a good detailer in your area, ask about ceramic sealants (GTechniq, Siramik, CQuartz etc)

M140estoril

Post by M140estoril » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:35 pm

Crafty wrote:Find a good detailer in your area, ask about ceramic sealants (GTechniq, Siramik, CQuartz etc)
I have read about g tecniq (very pricey) I am in the Manchester area but getting the car from London.I guess a chat with g tecniq will probably convince me way to go. T Y for advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crafty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Crafty » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:28 pm

gtech are is one manufactuer - there are others.

If you are in Manchester you could do a lot worse than speak to Blackroc on here, his website: http://remyrocdetailing.co.uk/

I'm sure he will be able to cater for what you want, I know he is busy so might be a little wait though. He pops in from time to time so may see this and reply, but you can always drop him an email

M140estoril

Post by M140estoril » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:46 am

Thanks for this,I have been on his website and likely to ring him for a chat.

M140estoril

Post by M140estoril » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:01 pm

Crafty wrote:gtech are is one manufactuer - there are others.

If you are in Manchester you could do a lot worse than speak to Blackroc on here, his website: http://remyrocdetailing.co.uk/

I'm sure he will be able to cater for what you want, I know he is busy so might be a little wait though. He pops in from time to time so may see this and reply, but you can always drop him an email
I emailed James last night, he replied very quickly.He is fully booked until mid June or may get a cancellation if I am lucky!

Crafty
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Post by Crafty » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:25 pm

Good stuff! he'll have it looking top notch in no time, I'm sure. :mrgreen:

M140estoril

Post by M140estoril » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:04 pm

Crafty wrote:Good stuff! he'll have it looking top notch in no time, I'm sure. :mrgreen:
Might have a problem in that my garage is only a single so it's not super wide. I have suggested I move the car close to the left wall whilst he works on the right then vice versa. I do hope this will work as James is the man from what I have read and heard. It's going to be a 2 day job so I got everything crossed.

I am really buzzing as BMW genius status has moved to 9660 which means it will be delivered to the dealer tomorrow! This is 1 week earlier than expected. I have a train ticket booked to Euston for the following Saturday! If the dealer phones asking if I can collect this Saturday I will!

Return to “Cleaning & detailing your car”